PDA

View Full Version : Older toddler dipe suggestions please

brigmaman
02-11-2005, 03:01 PM
I need a few more dipes for Brig. Fuzzibunz are working really well for us right now as is the one fleece VB pocket we have. Not sure if I even want to branch out, but I'm open to suggestions. The FB we're using are x-larges. The VB is a large. What else might I try? Baby Blankets only go up to 35 lbs. which Brig has already exceeded. Might they still work?
Lori, you're the only one I can think of who has a little one similar in size to Brig. Any suggestions? I was hoping to get by with what we have and potty-training soon, but Brig has other ideas.

toomanystrollers
02-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Lets see, when Shea was in dipes - his stash was pretty boring - LOL!! Mostly Happy heinys, Motherease sandies and the best fitting dipes for him were SOS dipes topped off with ME airflow covers.

brigmaman
02-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Hmmm...I have one small ME Sandys dipe for Cadie. I really like it on her. It's so simple. We had an XL Happy Heiny and it wasn't a good fit on Brig. I've thought about doing a few one-size dipes since they could both wear them- but is that really true? And are they confusing to snap? Dh needs simplicity. *eyeroll*

toomanystrollers
02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Yes, both Neve and Shea wore the same SOS dipes. I stopped using the fold-over snaps on the SOS for Neve when she was about 4 months old. The only confusion DH ever suffered was putting pink and purple SOS dipes on DS :)

kensjen
02-11-2005, 04:45 PM
I was going to mention SOS dipes...or sugarpeas size 2 (they are big) and angelwraps run big.

You know, if you have a fave dipe, email the WAHM...most of them would be happy to make you a larger version. I'm sure Ruth at snap EZ would be a good option, she is wonderful to work with and I love her dipes.

I'm always thinking of that...Jonah has always been big, and I'm sure will eventually grow out of everything.

nitaghei
02-11-2005, 05:00 PM
I thought about Sugarpeas too. I have one Size 2, that I'm thinking of putting on Swap. There's no way my stringbean is going to fit into that. Unless of couse, he doesn't PT until age 4 or something.

LMK if you want to try it!

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

Momof3Labs
02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Trish, Colin is now about 31lbs and 39" tall, so quite long and lean. He wears petite toddler FBs (even larges are too big yet) and large Baby Blanket pockets, with the velcro tabs crossed all the way at the waist. I seem to remember that Brig is a little more compact (built more like a football player, whereas Colin is more of a basketball player?) so probably won't fit into the same stuff. We tend to be able to wear things way beyond the top weight limit, as long as the rise is adequate.

Sugar Peas size 2 dipes crossed my mind too. They fit Amy's Joshua quite well (and he's built more like Brig). I also have a few listed for sale - one gently used and two brand new - if you want to give them a try. If Cadie is shaped like Brig, she could probably wear the SP size 2's when she gets upwards of 20lbs, which might be handy. I just don't think that SP size 2's are good for long, skinny babes like mine!

brigmaman
02-11-2005, 05:30 PM
> I seem to remember that
>Brig is a little more compact (built more like a football
>player, whereas Colin is more of a basketball player?)
Lol, yes that's true. My dad will appreciate that. He's a football coach. :) Brig is thinning out considerably, but he's still got a little belly and his thighs are still chunky. I like SP, but wasn't pleased with the way the front snaps fit Cadie. There seems to be a gap at the top of her thigh where the wing comes over the body of the dipe. It's helpful that the FB have 2 rows of snaps. Wonder if there's a dipe with 2 rows of snaps. Hmm...this is really turning a hunt...

daisymommy
02-12-2005, 01:17 AM
I was going to suggest the Sugarpeas size #2 as well. I have a TON so I just put a bunch of boyish prints up for sale on the Swap, as well as one new one. Check-em out! :)

Josh is still wearing a Sandy's size large, & Babyblankets L/XL. That's about all I've found that fits him well. Oh, except for Sugarbums but she's closed for orders right now.