PDA

View Full Version : Kissaluv users

the2amigos
02-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Well, I had a baby boy on January 30th. He was 7 pounds, 20 inches and just adorable!! His name is Colin Robert.

We used disposables for the first two weeks. I'm now trying to get into my cloth and am having a hard time. We never had leaks with the disposables and have had nothing but problems with the cloth so far.

We have Kissaluvs 0 with prorap covers. He is still quite tiny and the Kissaluvs give him jumbo butt and nearly come down to his knees...and the covers barely go over the whole thing. I do have the next size up prorap, but that just about falls off him. I may try a prefold today with the cover.

How do you fit the Kissaluv in a Prorap???? I love the softness and the absorbancy of the Kissaluv, but it doesn't do any good if I can't fit it in the prorap, 'cause then we leak. Any thoughts? So for the last couple days I'm putting up with leaks during the day and using disposables at night for my sanity!!

pritchettzoo
02-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Are you sure those are size 0s? They don't sound like it to me. A size 0 should fit just fine on a 7+ pounder. Size 0 Kissaluvs fit into newborn and small proraps.

Congratulations on your baby boy!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

mudder17
02-15-2005, 12:53 PM
I agree with Anna about the kissaluvs. Kaya was 7 pounds at birth and the K0s fit her quite well, even though they were on the smallest snaps. The newborn prorap covers fit over them for only a week-two weeks, and then I had to switch to small size prorap covers. However, the newborn covers did fit over her preemie prefolds for at least a month. It is true that kissaluvs gave her a big butt, but they did not come to her knees.

Oh, and I wasn't able to use the infant prefolds with Kaya right away because they were too big for her--I just used the preemies initially. I know some people have had luck using the infants right away with a newborn, but their newborns may have been bigger than mine! :) Anyway, there's no way I could have covered the infant prefold with a newborn cover--definitely had to use the small covers for those! If you do decide to try the prefold, snappi'ing them really helps with the whole leakage issue and I definitely found the preemies to be quite trim compared to the K0s.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

todzwife
02-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I really liked dappi pull on nylon covers over kissaluvs. :)
you can get them really cheap from granitesmith on ebay

KrisM
02-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, Andrew was a couple pounds bigger than your son, but we didn't have a problem fitting the Kissaluvs under newborn Prowraps. Can you post a picture of him? Maybe we can help if we can see the problem areas.

Also, make sure you're changing him enough. Maybe the leaks are coming from a fully saturated Kissaluv?

lizajane
02-16-2005, 02:18 PM
did you see my pic of "dylan in a cozy kissaluv?" asking because he is 3-4 lbs bigger than colin and the 0's are almost too small! they fit him on the second to last snap. i was able to get a newborn cover over the kissaluv ONE time before i had to size up to the small proraps. so my point is... you should be able to get a 7lber into a newborn cover and a size 0 without any trouble, since i managed to squeeze my almost 10lber into one.

i would play with different snap options on the kissaluv. can you post a pic for us? it sounds like it isn't snapped tight enough?

also, we HAVE to use a doubler (2 layers of hemp fleece topped with microfleece) with the kissaluvs or they will leak out of every nap. dylan soaks his dipes and because he still sleeps so much, i can't change him often enough to use the kissaluv alone. i made my own doublers, but you could also try sticking a cloth wipe in there as a doubler.