PDA

View Full Version : CD Moms in NoVA...

american_mama
02-15-2005, 10:30 PM
ETA: old thread, ignore

I'm really shy to make this request, at the last minute even. I have just in the last week or two been looking into cloth diapers for DD2, who is 3 months old, and I'm wondering if anyone in northern Virginia could give me a tutorial or show-and-tell. I will be in Alexandria Wed-Fri. visiting my MIL, and I know there are several CD moms on these boards in the area. I've read the Cloth Diaper 101 on these boards twice, and browswed diaperpin.com, but I'm still at sea with the terms, the visuals, and the idea that diapers can be actually be made of fleece and wool.

I'll be checking my email. If you'd like to meet up someplace (Starbucks, library, your house, whatever) and show me your "stash" (did I use the term right?), I'd appreciate the lesson. PM me.

Thanks from a confused mom.

egoldber
02-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Karen, THIS Wed-Fri or next week? If its this week (as in the day after tomorrow) I am having some BBB moms over around noon and you would be welcome to come. If its next week, I'd be happy to show you what I have then too. I'm not too far from Alexandria.

egoldber at yahoo.com

american_mama
02-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Yes, it's this week, umm, Feb. 16-18. What a great coincidence that you are hosting some BBBers at the same time... makes me feel like my post wasn't wacko at all. I'm going to try to email you directly, but my email is having trouble, so it depends how quickly I get that resolved.

egoldber
02-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Karen, I am PMing you my phone number.

daisymommy
02-16-2005, 10:26 AM
I wish Josh and I weren't sick with the flu, I would have loved to meet up with you gals! Have fun with all the fluff :)

stillplayswithbarbies
02-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Seeing Beth's stash is what tipped me over the edge to decide to CD! And she had conveniently arranged for them to be just out of the dryer, all warm and fluffy. :) I think that is what convinced my husband, seeing the fluffy pile of diapers in the laundry basket, all soft and cozy. What daddy wouldn't want his baby in something so comfy! LOL

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

papal
02-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Karen,
Did you get my email??

egoldber
02-16-2005, 03:09 PM
LOL! Um, Karen, the truth is my stash is USUALLY in the laundry basket. I just use it straight from the basket. Much easier than actually folding it and putting it away! ;)

HoneymoonBaby
02-16-2005, 06:45 PM
You're not weird at all. The way I was "sold" on cloth diapering was by going over to Rashmi's (Papal) house and looking at her stash. You'd be welcome to come over to my place in Fairfax but all I have is FuzziBunz and infant prefolds (and a few fitteds packed away I could bring out). I don't have a lot of hyena stuff except in newborn size.