PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is a doubler?

searchdog
02-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Well the subject pretty much says what I want to know. I would like to make some if I can, but I am not exactly sure what they are. Is it basically an insert that has fleece or something on it to keep baby dry? I realize this is a dumb question but just can't seem to figure it out.
I have some hemp fleece here so how could I use that to make some doublers?

lizajane
02-16-2005, 02:59 PM
a doubler adds absorbancy to any diaper. you can make a doubler in an hourglass shape or just a rectangle and then lay it in the diaper. hemp fleece is perfect for doublers! i would recommend two layers with microfleece on top. so the hemp adds more absorbancy to your dipe and the microfleece keeps baby feeling dry. i have doublers for schuyler and for dylan because they are both super soakers! i don't need them with pockets for schuyler because i just use a lot of hemp for the insert. but for prefolds for schuyler and kissaluvs for dylan, i do need them for added absorbacy if i want the dipe to last 2 hours.

searchdog
02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Thank you so much Liza for your responce. I think I was over analyzing what it was. Now if I could just figure out my serger. (I have a lesson tomorrow so I hope to make some inserts, and now doublers tomorrow) I have 2 dozen prefolds that I don't use because I can't fold worth anything, so if I can figure out my serger I can make fitteds and doublers with pretty colored thread and maybe even dye them for fun. I just gotta learn how to use this darn serger.

Thanks again