PDA

View Full Version : Pampers Swaddlers leaking #2 around leg

ElizaMum
02-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I have read the other posts about the "best" disposable diapers, and until last week I agreed with those who favored Swaddlers. At first I thought my husband just wasn't putting them on properly, but now the diapers are leaking on me, too! Eliza is a breast-fed 3 month old who weighs in at 13.5 pounds or so. About 40% of her poopy diapers are now leaking - and perhaps that is just a rate I have to chalk up to quantity of poop and not the diaper.

I have also tried Pampers Baby Dry, White Cloud, Luvs, and Target's Premium. The Luvs did not leak this badly, but all of the others did. I haven't bought anymore Luvs yet, but I am thinking about it. Huggies leaked urine out the back when Eliza was a newborn and in the size 1, so I never tried them again.

Please let me know what you think. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

alaible
02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
When Paige's disposables started leaking we moved up to the next size and it usually fixed the leaking issue. The weight range on the diapers never meant much in our case. Paige has always been in a diaper bigger than her weight indicated. I think each brand fits a little different. I liked the way the Pampers fit Paige better than the Huggies but I don't care much for the powdery smell of the Pampers. Anyway my suggestion would be to try the next size up and see if that helps.

hez
02-17-2005, 09:11 AM
First-- don't hesitate to call the 1-800 # or email via the website. I've done it several times (as an employee I have a VERY high standard ;) ), and received coupons for my trouble each time.

Second-- we moved Payton to Size 3 very, very quickly, earlier than the weight on the package would say. We've moved up in sizes just before the lower weight limit on the next size up every time. When he was tiny it was for poop up the back, and the last time it was because he'd leak urine out the front overnight. That's why I'm in love with stretch-- you can get the diaper nice and tight even if you're at the low end of the weight range.

IMO (I *don't* work on the design) it's awfully tough to design a one-size-fits-all diaper since our babes can be such different shapes and at such different development stages, even at the same weight. They ought to sell 'em by rise and a waist measurement range instead!

pittsburghgirl
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Definitely try the next size up, Cruisers 3. We have always been way ahead of the weight ranges for size. My DS is 24 lbs and wears a size 4 but a size 5 (Huggies Overnights) at night. Got a pack of size 5 cruisers by mistake one day, I can make them fit too even though they say 27 lbs.

We were leaking at night constantly until I went up to the bigger size. They look a little funny when they go on (very high rise) but in the morning he's dry.

Full disclosure: we now use cloth during the day except when traveling, so I'm not using as many Cruisers but we just went away for the weekend and no problems with the larger sizes.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

Momof3Labs
02-17-2005, 10:51 AM
I found Pampers Cruisers size 3 to be huge compared to size 2, and much too big a size jump for my long skinny boy (we had major leaks around the legs with them at first). Huggies Supreme size 3 are smaller than Cruisers size 3, and filled the gap quite well. They may have leaked for you when she was a newborn, but her shape has probably changed since then.

amazz
02-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I agree with all the other PPs. Try to size up or try a different brand or both. Kami was having some major poop issues (sometimes up to 10 poopy diapers a day) and she was the same weight as Eliza and the swaddlers usually contained everything. If they hadn't I think my first solution would have been to try another brand for awhile b/c she had just moved up to the size 2's (I think). I hope you find something that works!!

I also wanted to welcome you to the boards!!
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

ElizaMum
02-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks so much for all of your advice. Even though we have only been in a size 2 for about a month, I think try moving up to size 3. I tried one yesterday almost by accident - I took Eliza to the doctor for an eye infection (one of those "can you come now?" appointments). So, in my haste I ran off without a diaper bag, and the doctor's office only had size 3 - it was not all that big on her. Thanks again for your advice and support. I probably would not have figured out that size was the problem for quite some time!