PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting back into the cd swing of things and need some encouragement!

nbrackman
02-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi mamas!

Please, don't flame me! I gave up on cd's for a few months as I was newly pregnant with #3 and feeling just wretched. The nausea and exhaustion was so totally overwhelming that even regular laundry didn't get done, much less diaper laundry. So my 18 month old has been in disposibles for uhhhh, about 14 weeks. I feel terrible. What a waste of resources - financial, environmental, not to mention the chemicals. I also had been having stink issues with my pockets and sold them all off in favor of simplicity - prefolds and bummis or alexis covers.

So here we are again and I just realized yesterday that..I feel much better! The nausea is much less intense, I'm getting much more sleep (because we also night weaned during this time and now Sophia is sleeping from 7 pm to 5 am, nursing and then sleeping til 7 am.) and all of a sudden the disposibles are absolutely unacceptable. So I am getting back into the cloth, planning on building a newborn stash (never done a newborn since we lived in an apt. with horribly expensive coin op laundry), and figuring out what will work for us now. The pf's are the economical way to go but something really draws me to fitteds to supplement. She's tall and super skinny at 19 lbs. 2 oz., so a peanut. Ideas are welcome, especially for economical choices as finances are tight.

Thanks for help and encouragement!
Best, Nicole
Mommy to Gabriella Hannah (10/00) and Sophia Rose (8/03)

steph2003
02-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Nothing but encouragement here!!! I slipped away from CD for several weeks to when we had stink issues & rotovirus too.

I'm not a fitted expert but I know many here use them so maybe they'll have some economical suggestions.

tarahsolazy
02-17-2005, 02:43 PM
For easily available and cute fitteds, I like Sugarpeas side snap diapers, I bet your girlie would be a medium. They are about $15-$16 each, but better on absorbancy than other easily available fitteds like Kissaluvs size 1 or 2. check www.sugarpeas.com for retailers You could also try some plain ol' Motherease Sandies or one-size dipes. www.motherease.com Other nice fitteds are Loveybums www.loveybums.com she has none in stock right now, but she seems to be stocking relatively frequently.

For the babe on the way, lots like Kissaluvs size 0 for newborns, I used them and they were pretty nice, but my big baby (9ls, 11oz) didn't wear them long. For next time, I'm eyeing some XS Motherease sandies...

Check out the reviews on fitted dipes at www.diaperpin.com and see what grabs your attention. Chances are, one (or more) of us here has tried it...