PDA

View Full Version : clothes for a CD bubble butt?

jlk_curious
02-17-2005, 06:31 PM
What brand of clothing do you guys find particularly forgiving in the diaper area? I am looking for some roomy bottoms for my DD's bubble butt!

She's kind of a chunker (23.5", 14 lbs 9 oz at her check up last week) so that combined with her beautious cloth-diapered bottom, we're busting outta the seams here!

thanks in advance,
jen
mom to Meredith born 12/8/04

rrosen
02-17-2005, 07:01 PM
My favorites are:
1. Hanna Andersson esp. the wiggle pants, they are perfect for a fluffy bum

2. Land's End I find that the pants are cut fairly generously and fit well

3. Gymboree leggings and ruffle pants work well. The other pants are fine over a trim dipe but, they tend to be the first things DD out grows in a size Janie and Jack fits the same too.

4. The Children's Place jeans are awesome. I am not a huge fan of TCP but the jeans fit fluffy bum better than any other we have tried and they are well priced. I like the ones with stretch in them best.

5. Gap is very much like Gymbo. I find that the pull on pants work better for longer but, she tends to outgrow her Gap things earlier than LE or Hanna.

6. Zutano tends to runa little on the small size so you may need to size up but, once you find the right fit they are great.

7. I have not tried Naartjie but, I hear from other fluffy mamas that they work well too.

As my DD has gotten older I have her in dresses more often too. I like soft knit ones best (like Hanna, Zutano, or LE) with leggings or tights when we go out. Dresses are great with fluffy butt. Around the house they are great too becuase I can have her in a fitted with no cover on if I want.

HTH

pritchettzoo
02-17-2005, 10:34 PM
What Becca said!

1. Gymboree pull-on knit pants are great! They are relatively inexpensive and wear really well. I have only tried the ruffled or fluted bottom kind.

2. Hanna wiggle pants--roomy through the tush and the sizing lasts a long time. You order by height, so your DD would be in size 60 right now. I think you'd be okay sizing up to a 70 since she'll be growing like crazy and you can cuff them. You might be able to find some good deals at the outlets (you can call if you're not near one).

3. Naartjie--we just got some to try. People say the bottoms run large and to order a size smaller than the tops. BUT with CDs, I had to exchange all the bottoms for the same size as the tops.

4. Lands End--they have pull on pants and leggings that work well.

I finally found a pair of Carter's jeans from the Carter's outlet that fit over DD's fluffy butt. I also just got a pair of denim capris with stretch from The Children's Place.

You'll just have to try stuff on! If you are handy with sewing, there is a Burda pattern that's supposed to be very easy to make. Search for Burda in this forum and you'll find the thread on it. I bought the pattern months ago but haven't dragged out my machine yet to try it. Shandelle (todzwife) is a member here and a WAHM, and I think she will custom make pants for you. Several people raved about her work, and she's as nice as can be.

Fortunately summer is coming up. Last summer DD lived in sundresses and fleece covers! The bubble rompers from Lands' End are really cute over a fluffy butt too.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

squimp
02-18-2005, 02:21 AM
Knit pants are much more forgiving than woven pants. My DD was chunker too, but now that's she's walking, it's a little easier.

We love Hanna wiggle pants and themed pants (happy stripes, love-a-bug), pretty much any Hanna Andersson pants seem to have more diaper room. Lands' End knit pants are great, and the Gymbo leggings are good too.

I also get lots of boys pants. Boys pants in the same size are way bigger than "girls" pants. I think part of the reason Hanna has more room is because they're basically unisex. Target's version of Osh Kosh and Cherokee have cute cords and jeans. I love boyish cords with a girly colored top.

kijip
02-18-2005, 03:58 AM
We love:

Land's End Rompers
Carters Long Sleeve Onesies
Hanna wiggle pants, Hanna zippers
Some Gymboree

I hate:

Old Navy jeans
Gap Jeans (except the overalls which are fine)

The best jeans I have had so far for bubble butt chunky Toby are The Children's Place and 1 pair of Gymboree.

toomanystrollers
02-18-2005, 06:56 AM
One word - Naartjie :)

www.naartjie.com

MartiesMom2B
02-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Pam:

How could you post the website link? I was happily avoiding Narrtjie under the pretense that I didn't know the web address. ;)

-Sonia

toomanystrollers
02-18-2005, 08:19 PM
So sorry Sonia }(

And oh the sales!!