PDA

View Full Version : BRU covers??

calebsmama03
02-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone ever try these "especially for baby" brand covers? I picked up a few the other day to try out for the NB phase when we'll go through tons of covers. I got 2 wraps style and 2 nylon pull up style for $10 total, so quite the deal! I'm not concerned about longevity since they're just NB size. However, if they leak/wick or just generally don't work I'll take them back. I know someone here had dyed one a while ago but can't recall anyone saying if they used them. They remind me of the Dappi ones I've seen online. Any experiences??

FWIW, so far I'd be using over fitteds (tiny tot, kissaluvs and MJ's) but will also be getting some PFs and proraps as well, plus a few fleece covers. Sound like a good, economical way to round out a NB stash??
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05

kthomp
02-18-2005, 12:29 PM
We just the BRU pull-up covers and love them!!!!! So cheap and so easy to use. They work great for us, no leaking or wicking. I love that they have soft elastic around the legs, so they don't leave red marks. I have only ever used them in the "solid poop" stage, so I don't know how well they do holding in newborn poop.

I think you'll like them!

new_mommy25
02-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I haven't tried BRU brand but I love pull up covers! The ones I use are from The Basic Connection. They are usually about $3.95, come in a bunch of different colors, and I have seen them at a ton of different baby specialty stores. They are a lightweight nylon like the Dappi or Alexis covers.

Are the BRU covers soft or are they crunchy?

kthomp
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Angie,

I find the BRU covers are very soft, not crunchy at all. I think my Bummis covers are crunchier than the BRU ones. I believe they are basically the same as the Dappi covers.

KrisM
02-18-2005, 01:43 PM
We've used the wrap covers. I like them okay, but save them as backup. They don't wick exactly, but get a bit damp if they're on too long. Probably for the newborn phase they'll be fine. Andrew was maybe 4 or 5 months when we got them. I keep them in the car for extras, since they're so cheap.

new_mommy25
02-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Yup, that is why I rarely use my Bummis. Too crunchy :) But I am a total sucker for cute prints! I wish Bumpy would come out with something new. Trains or balls would be nice for my little guy.

calebsmama03
02-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks ladies. I think I will keep them and if I don't like them it's no big loss. The pull up pants were 2 for 3.99!! Can't beat the price. (Oh and they are soft, not crunchy at all Angie) Even the wraps were only 2 for 6, I think? If this one is as tiny as C was I'll use them for a long time (He was in NB size sposies till he was 2 mos old) and if not then I didn't waste a ton of money. I'm trying HARD to resist the urge to buy tons of cute NB size stuff since I don't know how long it will last us.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05