PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzi Bunz inserts - which ones to get??

kel_seewhite
02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I have ordered and received my stock of small and medium fb's I have not yet purchased my inserts as I am not sure which ones to get.

There are so many choices available and I just want to ensure that I am buying ones that fit the fb's well, provide excellent absorbancy and are going to last as long as the fb's will.

I was looking into the wonder-full, but I have since been told by another mother that the wonder-fulls work ok in her fuzzi bunz (she has the frog print as well like me). She goes on to say that the inserts are kind of too big for the smalls (too long, and the little one that snaps off isn't enough by itself). She has a soaker who pees really fast and finds that she needs to have something that sucks up the wetness quickly or she will have leaks. She says she always has leaks with the Wonderfulls inserts unless she puts a microterry insert on top.

I have been also told the the Cotton Babies Microfiber Inserts work excellent in the fb's and they are a one size fits all as well.

Can you offer any advise?

kthomp
02-18-2005, 01:37 PM
I have never tried Wonderfulls inserts, so I can't weigh in there.

I have four different kinds of inserts (I use size PT FBs):
1. MOE microterry inserts. They fit well, are easy to find, are pretty absorbant, and have held up very well to 4 months of use.
2. Joey Bunz. I only have one of these and I use it for night, in addition to one MOE and a micro towel. Absorbant, trim, fits well.
3. Fuzzi Bunz Store hemp fleece. Very absorbant, I also use this one for night. Not as trim as the JB, but still trim.
4. Cotton Babies One Size. Love these! The fit is awesome in the FBs, price is great too. Very absorbant and soft.

HTH!

KrisM
02-18-2005, 02:01 PM
A page or 2 back, there is a thread titled "The Comprehensive Insert Thread" or something like that. It has a bunch of info from people on inserts.

I, personally, like LizaJane inserts, since they fit the shape of the pocket.

bcky2
02-18-2005, 03:41 PM
i have a wonder-fulls that i use with my med fb, i like it ok but not my favorite. i prefer a jb with a micro fiber towel. also stuffins are super absorbent and i like thoes a little better than the wonder-fulls!

squimp
02-18-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with a microfiber insert. It's absorbent, soft and relatively trim. And you avoid any potential problems with hemp retaining soap and getting stinky. But as you can tell, there's no consensus on inserts!

My favorite are the cottonbabies inserts. The nice thing about them is they will grow with you (OK with your baby). I am using them in my larges, and love them. These might be overkill for a small diaper, but I bet they work well in the mediums. They will be folded over. Hopefully someone can comment on a cottonbabies in a small FB. They are thicker than the MOE inserts.

The MOE microfiber inserts worked really well for us - make sure you get the right size for your diapers, at least not too small! We used ours for over a year, and they look as good as new.

JB and LizaJanes are good options for hemp. They are nice and trim, but for us less absorbent than microfiber - and tests around here demonstrate. We could never rely on them alone, and I'm not into wrapping. Only the nighttime LizaJanes work for us (8 layers of hemp instead of 4), and how! Hemp does absorb quickly, so it might be a good option for your baby, wrapped with a microfiber towel to increase capacity.

You can also stuff FBs with a prefold - they're absorbent and hold up very well, but will not be very trim.