PDA

View Full Version : I disappear in cyberspace for a few weeks

ALLEYCAT
02-18-2005, 04:33 PM
and return to find diapers I need to try, microwaving hemp that needs to be done, welcoming Liza Janes newest (can't say little one) baby, and all these new to the boards people here to read about and welcome. I wish I could come up something witty to talk about and make everyone laugh but I can't seem to find anything right now. Somehow I think I have lost all sense of humor and fun and wonder what is going on with me.
Ds wants to use the potty and I don't feel like taking him.
My legs are burning and feet hurt all the time and at night they just run run run in my sleep and I can't stand it.
I am not hungry and not thirsty.
My hair is falling out and what is still here, is turning grey so fast I blink and have 10 more!
I can barely remeber to feed the cat and have trouble picking up Wiley from the ground. My eyesight has gotten bad overnight and no matter how often I brush my teeth, I have a metal taste in my mouth. What is going on, is this really late PPD or something else?
I know this is the wrong forum but it is the only place I regularly post....Anyway, my PMD says it is all normal. So, is it???

mudder17
02-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Oh Leslie, major hugs for you! I'm so sorry things have been so bad for you! I'm not sure what a PMD is and when you say your PMD says "it" is all normal, is he saying that PPD this late is normal or is he saying that that your symptoms are normal?

I don't know the symptoms of PPD well enough, but it definitely sounds like you have some serious health issues. Have you talked to your primary care provider?

Anyway, I don't have any advice, but I wanted to offer you my hugs, prayers, and support!

Please keep us updated!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

toomanystrollers
02-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Big hugs Leslie and IMO what's going on is not normal!!! I would definitely seek a second opinion - sounds potentially thyroid related???

Where are our MD fluffy mamas??

rrosen
02-18-2005, 07:30 PM
(((Hugs)))) I am sorry for everything you are going through. You need a new Dr. What you are describing does not sound normal. Have you asked your OB about your symptoms?

I hope you get answers and relief soon.

Saartje
02-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Hi, Leslie. I missed you while you were gone!

This does not sound at all like PPD. Nor does it sound normal. If your physician says it's normal, get to a different doctor ASAP.

The running in your sleep can be related to insufficient iron intake, as can the lack of energy and the memory; I don't know about the rest. Thyroid problems are also definitely a possibility, as others have mentioned. Find a doctor who doesn't say it's all normal, and write down a list of everything in advance -- it's easy to forget something during an appointment.

Get well soon!

ALLEYCAT
02-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks Eileen for the hugs. I read that and felt sure I was in the right place.
PMD is my primary care doctor. She thinks it is a normal part of being a mother. I am somewhat older in age, and dealing with a sickness in the family ect. but I feel like I have something wrong as well but can't put my finger on it exactly.
Wiley has suddenly stopped nursing during the day AT ALL, and will at night, only if half asleep, so I have been sneaking it to him. Do you think I should just wean him at this point? Could my milk be bad for him if I do have something going on?
Arghhh, where are all those doctors and nurses?
I don't feel depressed exactly just run down and forgetful. Can't keep a train of thought going.

mudder17
02-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I agree with the others that you need to find yourself another doctor. As for the nursing, I'm no expert, but he could have stopped nursing during the day because he's too interested to nurse? I would say that most illnesses the lactating mother has is not going to make milk that is bad for your son, although it may be contributing to your fatigue (I know it does for me, but I'm not yet willing to give up BF'ing). I wouldn't make any sudden decisions about weaning yet, until you see another doctor.

Sending you more hugs and encouragement!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

lizajane
02-19-2005, 10:38 AM
i am so sorry you are having a rough time. no fun. i felt HORRIBLE last spring, when schuyler turned one. i just couldn't get it together and i was so anxious and stressed. i felt like i had some kind of weird one year old PPD. but it did pass. i hope it will be the same for you.

i have to go nurse, but wanted to say that the leg thing- sounds like restless leg syndrome. some friends have it (a dad and daughter). as your dr about it. there are medicines for it. exercise is what helps our friends a lot. i am sure you don't feel like exercising right now, but maybe it would help your mood, too.

brigmaman
02-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Leslie, so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling like yourself. It sounds as though it's pretty clear to you that things aren't right. I agree with previous posters that you should try to find another doctor. ((Hugs))

jec2
02-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Leslie, I hope you get to the bottom of whatever it is that is making you feel this way. I think the second recommendation is definately the way to go. Let us know what you find out and hope you are back in tip-top shape quickly.