PDA

View Full Version : Sunning out stains?

searchdog
02-20-2005, 12:16 PM
I have looked at some old posts regarding sunning out stains, and everyone says "sun them" does this just mean hang them on a clothes line in the sun, just like you hang everything else? Also are they supposed to be dry or wet when you sun? How long do you leave them in the sun? I have also read to put zout on them then sun them, are the diapers wet or dry when you put the zout on? Thanks

Sorry for all the questions. Maybe a topic on sunning out stains could be added to the 101 thread????? I hate asking questions that I know have been covered before but can't always find what I want when searching, since I don't know the exact words to search for are.

lizajane
02-20-2005, 02:35 PM
i think as long as the sun is shining on them, they are "sunning." i usually lay my flat when i sun them, just to be sure the sun is hitting them. but if you clothesline gets good sun, that would probably work great.

you can sun them wet or dry. doesn't matter. i like to spray zout on them before laying them out because the stains disapear much faster. again, wet or dry seems to work fine.

i can get stains out in a few hours when i use zout, but without it, i think you need to leave them out all day.

searchdog
02-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks Liza! Love the new avatar of the boys. Sorry they are sick. Our household is just getting over a horrible stomack virus! Boy am I glad we are almost done with this. I can say that we made it through a bad virus with cloth, I wanted to go sposies, but I didn't.

Thanks for the stain removal answers!