PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything wrong with prewashing PFs along with a regular CD load?

Saartje
02-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I have some PFs to dye for my sister's baby, and I wondered if it was okay to throw them in with a load of Ishie's diapers for one of their prewashes.

Also, someone please remind me -- you dry in between the 5 initial washes, right?

toomanystrollers
02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Sure - throw them on in with Ishie's dipes and Yes - you need to dry them in between each wash to really break them in. I wouldn't wash them with your reg. dipes after you dye them. I tie-dyed some prefolds and manage to streak some other dipes in the wash :(

HTH

Saartje
02-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Thanks, Pam -- you responded just in time. ;) My previous load had just finished washing, so I threw them all in there.

Did you wash your tie-dyed dipes with Synthrapol before washing them with your other diapers? I hope that will work. Since I'm giving them as a gift, I hate for them to require washing separate from my nephew's other diapers!

new_mommy25
02-21-2005, 03:39 AM
I have some dyed prefolds from Juliet that I wash with the diapers. It never even occured to me to wash seperatly. I believe she said she used Synthrapol.