PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mama Pads and Hemp Sensitivity

Valerie99
02-21-2005, 12:37 PM
How would I know if I have a hemp sensitivity? The last couple of cycles, I've noticed a bit of itchiness when using my Happy Heinys pads. There's no rash or anything else unusual. Could I be sensitive to the hemp? I have very sensitive skin in general. Also, could it be a detergent buildup instead of hemp sensitivity? I have soft water and I think I've been using too much detergent and skipping the second rinse lately. How would I get rid of detergent buildup? A few hot washes with no detergent?

daisymommy
02-21-2005, 01:00 PM
I seriously doubt the hemp could in anyway affect you when there is a layer of fleece between you and the hemp. It's more likely that its from detergent build-up. Just do a couple rinses to make sure there is no soap bubbles or film left behind. You really need an extra rinse cycle, and don't use too much detergent in the first place.

Valerie99
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Thanks! After I posted I decided to rewash my Happy Heinys in plain hot water in case of the extra detergent. After that first wash, there was so much soap in the machine, I probably could have washed a load of clothes in it! I'm on my 3rd wash now and still getting soap out! Maybe this will fix it. Thanks for clearing up how the hemp sensitivity works, I wasn't sure about it.