PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from Allison?

brigmaman
02-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Alleycat? I'm hoping she's feeling a bit better or has at least found a receptive doc.

ALLEYCAT
02-22-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm ALLEYCAT. I think you must mean me since I had posted about feeling weird. I have an appointment Friday with a different doctor.
My friends want me to ask about getting my thyroid checked.
Wouldn't it be nice if I were to find it is something easily treated and might lose some weight by doing so? Somehow it keeps creeping up even though I am not eating alot. No, I am not pregnant either unfortunately. Anyway thanks for asking.

brigmaman
02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Lol. Leslie, I think maybe Alleyoop is Allison. But that may be wrong, too. Now Wiley I had down- but I was thinking Allison for some reason.
Anyway, I'm glad you are seeing someone on Friday. It just seemed that that post was the last I'd seen of you.

kitmama
02-22-2005, 11:27 PM
When you just mentioned that your weight is creeping up despite not eating a lot, it rang a bell in my mind- a friend of mine had been feeling really crummy after the birth of her second son. . . she felt down and exhausted all the time, couldn't seem to get enough sleep, and was still gaining weight despite nursing, eating less and the exercise of keeping up with two kids. She'd had gestational diabetes, and wondered if somehow it had stuck around- unusual, but not unheard-of. They checked her blood sugar, and lo and behold she is diabetic. It's not insulin dependant, and there's a very good chance it will eventually go away with treatment. But it's a good thing they figured out what was going on! So, that might be something you could consider, too.

I don't want to alarm you, but I hope the info might prove useful, if for no other reason than to eliminate another possibility. I'm glad you have an appointment- good luck!! I hope you feel better soon.