PDA

View Full Version : Question re: MICRO SUEDE for those familiar with it

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-22-2005, 11:07 AM
I need your opinion...

I am about to have nice duvet covers made for the boys feather beds. I have picked out some nice fabric for them but would like the bottom side done in a micro suede (or soft fabric). Thsi actuallysaves a lot of money in that micro suede cost so much less than this fabric...

BUT do you think it will attract to much lent?????
The covers they have now (mom bought them while we were in Ukraine for their Christmas gifts) attract cat hair, dog hair , lent...they are GROSS!!!!!!!

since I have chosen a real nice decorator fabric on one side I can't afford for one side to need frequent cleaning.

What do you all think???

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

ktshea
02-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Hmmm... My Baby Blanket dipe has microsuede on the inside and it attracts little fuzzies that I CAN NOT get off -- but I think that happens in the wash. I haven't noticed it gathering lint otherwise. So maybe you'd be OK since you won't be washing a duvet cover with dipes? :) I dunno...
Katie

toomanystrollers
02-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Coming from a furry friendly home too - I would definitely stay away from microfleece or suedecloth!!! YIKES :) If 'lil Neve wears wool pants/fleece pants, she looks like a swiffer in about 5 mins!

Maybe just a co-ordinating solid fabric?? - not necessarily decorater grade?

HTH

Momof3Labs
02-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Neve, IMO micro suede is horrible for attracting pet hair!! And with all of your critters, I gotta imagine that their comforters would be just covered with fur.

How about a nice soft, smooth cotton? Like a high quality sheet, ya know?

new_mommy25
02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I would pick something soft and snuggly like chenille or fine wale corduroy. Or how about a soft denim chambray?

What kind of fabric did you pick out? What color and print is it? Then we can all brainstorm a little more for you.