PDA

View Full Version : silly mama cloth question....

SeekerMage
02-23-2005, 01:19 AM
which layer do you like on top? I have a ton of fleece and am going to buy some hemp for some inserts so I thought about trying to make a mama pad to try....I was thinking a sandwich of fleece with hemp in the middle and then fleece on the bottom. Does this sound about right? I also have some flannel I can try....but how many layers and in what order? Im so confused on the logistics of the whole thing. I thought the fleece would need to be on the bottom as waterproofing, but couldnt imagine just flannel on top, or would that be ok, just a layer of flannel/hemp and a bottom of fleece for a lighter one? or would the flannel be on the bottom and the fleece on top? OH my head is spinning! I read the comprehensive post and just got all confused with all the choices....HELP!

todzwife
02-23-2005, 01:29 AM
I love my pads w/ flannel on the top. I always do fleece on the bottom...even microfleece works GREAT for daytime pads. My absolute favotite pad right now is a VERY cute cherry flannel top/ killington flannel soaker and red microfleece bottom :) I like it cuz its cute :) For absolute softness, NOTHING beats velour- even regular (not organic) velour is HEAVENLY for pads. :) You can do a fleece/fleece combo, but it will be bulkier and hotter. Hope that helps a little...

pittsburghgirl
02-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Shandelle made me some velour topped fleece bottomed pads and they are DIVINE.:D That is my favorite combo. I also have some fleece topped which are also very soft. I have a flannel liner which I like as well but it gets a little pilly and therefore not quite as soft as the velour or fleece.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png