PDA

View Full Version : Quick poll: What do you put under your wool?

MeredithsMom
02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi all!

I'm investigating wool because, well, I'm running out of CD stuff to investigate. :-) Just wondering, what do you put under your wool covers (Kiwi Pie, Bumpy Wool, Aristrocrats)? Do people mainly use snappied CPFs and fitteds under there? Does anyone use wool for day? I'm just starting to love the concept of the wool cover for days around the house, especially since I'm not too thrilled with the looks of the Bumkins I ordered as a CPF/cover tester.

:-) Thanks!

p.s. I have been reading everything in the archives under wool, but couldn't find this addressed in exactly the same way

pittsburghgirl
02-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I haven't managed to master snappi'd PF's with my wiggler so I have a bunch of fitteds. I am waiting on some longies and soaker shorts that should come this week; I will start using those with my fitteds around the house for more breathability. I have a sugarpeas merino jersey cover which I love with my SP fitteds (very trim) that we use during the day too.

(I have to admit I haven't been brave enough to try night cloth with my 13 m.o., we just started cd'ing in January and he sleeps 11+ hours a night, soaking a Huggies overnight so I'm chicken to try to find something in cloth that works.) But I love the wool during the day. I haven't tried it for outings yet, a little afraid of wicking in the car seat (the only times I have had wicking with any of my pockets is in the car seat!)

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

tarahsolazy
02-25-2005, 09:56 AM
We put everything under wool! Snappi'd pfs, and fitteds. Mostly fitteds, for DH, but I like to snapppi a pf on, I think it helps his little boy bits breathe. I think for runny-poo babes, fitteds would be better until you get good with the snappi, or you'll be washing wool all the time. Not a disaster, but annoying. Also, the Bumkins covers feel icky and stiff to me. We do use PUL covers, and Bumpys or Bummis are both softer and less stiff. You might want to get one of those to try as well.

daisymommy
02-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Fitteds :) I prefer SugarPeas these days.

mudder17
02-25-2005, 12:39 PM
I put both snappi'd CPFs and fitteds under wool covers. I suppose one could use prefitteds in there as well. I didn't like the Bumpy Wool (at first I did) because the gussets tended to leave red marks on her legs. What I did like about the Bumpy wool is that it's easy to care for, but I tend to wash my wool covers in batches, by hand, so it's not really that difficult doing any of them.

I use wool all day and night, although I'm starting to branch out into fleece. I think fleece would still be better than PUL during the summer, but I think wool would be the coolest of the three--of course, letting them run around coverless is pretty ideal as well, but until Kaya starts walking, I prefer having her covered.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Breastfed 1 Year -- Woohoo!

papal
02-25-2005, 12:57 PM
I use snappied PFs or just trifolded PFs. We use them only during the day.. the one fitted dipe i had for night (Benjamuffin night) is too snug now so we don't have a night option. I am searching for a night fitted (non-hemp) so i can use wool during the summer at night. Fleece is more breathable than PUL but it will still be warm in the summer i think.

tarahsolazy
02-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Rashmi:

I have an organic cotton firefly Sleeptight, so that's another non-hemp option.

papal
02-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks Tarah, let me look those up. I had a hemp sleeptight but it was not fleece lined and the entire thing used to be soaked.. even the waist-band part that had the snaps. I hope they are fleece lined now. off to check! :)

ETA: I checked but still don't know the answer.. Tarah, is the entire inner part of the fitted fleece-lined? I love how trim the FFSTs are.. but i am debating $25 for a FFST versus $15 for a BenjNight.. what to do what to do?

tarahsolazy
02-25-2005, 07:23 PM
They are not fleece lined! I got mine used, but its pretty new, so I'm sure no fleece. I use a Benjamuffins fleece/sherpa doubler inside, which is really big, so you get the fleece effect. I have 2 Benjnights, but they are hemp, and we can easily get stink, so they aren't so great. And one leaves red marks on fireplug Fory's thighs. I don't know if she does non-hemp ones.

rrosen
02-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Rashmi,
I have a VB simply night dipe on order. It should be on its way to me soon. It is fleece lined. I will do a review of it once I give it a try. Maybe that will be another option?

I think Angie and Pam bought them also. Maybe they will chime in when they get theirs too.

papal
02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
I didn't realize BenjNights are hemp! They have never given me stink issues like all the other hemps i have tried. That is so strange!
The problem i am having with just a fleece doubler is that it does not cover the area around the waist etc. the entire diaper is just SOAKED in the morning and if she feels the wetness, she wakes up (can't say i blame her!).
I think I will just stick to the BenjNights then. Thanks tarah!

papal
02-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Becs, I would love to hear about the VB night dipe. Let me start a new post in case Angie or Pam miss this. Thanks girlie!

C99
02-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I am a hemp girl, so I use el bee fitteds for the most part. I've also used large CPFs and Liz's fitteds and hemp PFs. I use wool exclusively for nightttime use, just because I don't have the patience for fitteds during the day (and really, neither does my 2-year-old).