PDA

View Full Version : How to dry Cotton Babies micro inserts

danagee
02-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone
Well, after posting here several weeks ago for advice on which AIO's to try as a beginner CD'er, I invested in some Fuzzi Bunz! Thanks, by the way for the advice.
Anyway, so far so good, but I wonder if anyone can tell me if the Cotton Babies Microfiber Inserts can be dried in the dryer with high heat?
The inserts are supposed to dry in the same amount of time as the FB's, but I havent had such luck yet and it takes forever to dry them on low heat in my dryer.

Also, as a side note, I wasn't aware until I got them that the FB lining is not cotton. I was hoping for a natural fiber against baby's skin. Nevertheless, I do love these things!!
Thanks a lot!

squimp
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Glad you're liking the FBs. I have found that the cottonbabies inserts dry a little bit more slowly than the pockets, but way faster than hemp. So to me, they dry fast! I dry the pockets and inserts on high heat. If I'm not in a hurry, the FBs air dry pretty fast. If I recall correctly, high heat is recommended for FBs periodically since it seals up the sewing holes in the polyurethane coated fabric.

The nice thing about the polyester fleece is that it wicks the wetness away from baby's bottom. Wet cotton just kinda stays wet and sticks to your skin, so it wouldn't do a good job at that. Now silk would be better and is a natural fiber, but I've never seen silk-lined dipes!