PDA

View Full Version : Okay, who got me hooked on SOS dipes???

Momof3Labs
02-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Becca, was it you? I got the Lab dipe and a plane dipe a few weeks ago and have since bought two more - including an organic cotton velour today, yummmmm.

I like them because they are like bikini cut Cuddlebuns but the snaps are covered when you use the fold-down option - so I can see myself using these on a tiny babe, too. They take a little longer to dry because of the internal soaker but not bad.

Good thing that these aren't as hard to get as they used to be!! But I think that I had better clean out some of our stash as we REALLY don't need more dipes right now!!

rrosen
02-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Guilty as charged. The funniest part is that I have not tried them myself. I just thought that print was the best. Now I will need to get my hands on one. I just love velour!

I am glad you found some new fluff to love. Does Colin like the prints?

Momof3Labs
02-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Colin is okay with the prints - it is hard to compete with our Babyblankets embroidered with the Thomas trains, lol!!

downwarddog
02-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Can I ask where I can get more info on these? Any dipes that you get to have dogs on are WAY COOL to me!

~Lenore
Mom to Acadia (Cadi), born 9/28/04;
dogs Loka & Colby;
plus 1 cat, Chelsea!

holliam
02-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Guess I should post mine to sell on BBB-swap then! ;)

I haven't even tried them on a babe yet, but I cannot deal with non-QD diapers. So, I'm selling them all I think.

Holli

ChicagoMama
02-28-2005, 01:24 AM
Oh, I am right there with you Holli....SOS are the polar opposite of quick dry! In my dryer, they take 2.5 dryer cycles until they are about 4 months old, and then it's 2 dryer cycles. What a pain! But I still love them. :) The only thing worse are a couple of HoneyBoys that I own - I still have to hang those to dry once the SOS are done. Strange.

And yes, post those SOS on Swap LOL!
Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

Momof3Labs
02-28-2005, 07:46 AM
Mine are only slightly damp after one dryer cycle, so I guess that I'm lucky! I like that they lay flat against Colin's skin - I'm so tired of the quick-dry inserts bunching up and getting lumpy against his skin!!

toomanystrollers
02-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Lori,
So sorry to hear of your addiction!!! }(

SOS dipes are the best fitting for my kiddos and fortunately my dryer cooks them in one cycle.

toomanystrollers
02-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Here ya go:

http://sosdiapers.wahmweb.com/store/Default.asp

She regularly stocks on Friday afternoons. Lately @ 12 - 1:30 pm EST.

HTH

brigmaman
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I love the look of these, but haven't had luck with front snaps. How's the wing droop situation?
Holli- I might look for yours if you decide to sell.
Is it bad to try one of everything?

Momof3Labs
02-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Wing droop has never really been a problem for us (I don't know why!) so I'm not the right person to answer this, lol!

kensjen
02-28-2005, 09:27 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE our SOS dipes. They are my favorites, and I don't care how long they take to dry! I have tried way too many dipes to count, but always come back to my faithful SOS dipes.

I have quite a few that I bought over a year ago, they are still going strong, and look almost new. And I know when Jonah has one on, he is good for a long nap or car ride, they are super absorbant.

I haven't had a problem with wing droop on these, there are quite a few snaps to get a good fit. Suzie is an amazing seamstress, they sewing is perfect and they have held up so well, I am impressed.

I have been collecting a rainbow of the hand dyed ones...they are so purty!!

brigmaman
02-28-2005, 09:42 PM
A rainbow....this is my new goal. I've decided to take the pressure of having a uniform stash off by simply collecting a rainbow of different dipes. I wonder if these would fit Brig, too.

toomanystrollers
02-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Jen,
I need your help this Friday. I need to get my mitts on her new SOS Amy Butler prints!! and I'll be at work- WAAAHHHH!!

holliam
02-28-2005, 10:05 PM
I have one local gal who wants some of them. Then I'll let you know what is left!

But, if you want a rainbow, you won't like the ones I have! I was not interested in the hand dyed ones so I don't have any of them. I just have a bunch of the printed ones. I may keep 1 just to see the fit...still thinking about it.

But, the drying time is a huge issue for me so I really do need to sell them. For many reasons, it's just a huge huge inconvenient ordeal for me to own anything with an inner soaker.

I know I'm in the minority, but there are just too many other QD dipes available out there for weirdos like me!

Holli

Momof3Labs
02-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Maybe, but not sure. Colin is kind of at the limit rise-wise, though he has plenty of snaps to go. That's typical for us, though! Have you recently tried a bikini cut Cuddlebuns on Brig? Maybe we can find something comparable to give you an idea...

toomanystrollers
02-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Trish,
I bet SOS would fit Brig!! Shea was often spotted wearing pink and purple ones :) They're a nice trim fit on those fast moving toddler boys!

pritchettzoo
02-28-2005, 10:33 PM
I have a hand-dyed raspberry if you want to try one. Gracie's probably worn it 4 or 5 times. It takes forever and a day to dry down here in humidity land too.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

brigmaman
03-01-2005, 06:43 AM
I'd like to try it. Wonder how brig would look in raspberry.http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/077.gif[/img]

downwarddog
03-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the link! I'm trying to branch out from just FBs and KLs...
I'll see what she has this Friday.

Thanks again,
Lenore