PDA

View Full Version : SP Fleece - should I keep it?

KrisM
02-27-2005, 02:00 PM
I got a SP fleece cover the other week. It is too big for Andrew. The legs are about 1 inch too big and the whole thing is super poofy. It's a large, which goes from 22-38 lbs. Andrew is about 22 lbs now. I was hoping that it would at least be useable, but it is not. The medium goes from 14-24 lbs. I want more than 2 lbs of use out of it.

He is not fully walking and doesn't crawl, but has been cruising for a few months and walks 4-5 feet at a time. I worry that once he is walking more he'll slim down and the cover will never fit!

I bought a couple Alexis Feather-lite Pull On covers back in July. They are size medium, which is 13-18 lbs. They still don't fit in the legs! Fortunately, those weren't super expensive. I don't want to still not be able to use the SP in September :).

So, should I keep the large and hope he'll grow into it, or send it back for a medium?

new_mommy25
02-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Sugarpeas fleece run huge!! Noah is about 24-25 lbs. and wears a medium fleece on the second tightest snaps. I'm convinced he'll be able to wear it until he PT's, lol!! Did you buy it new? Can you exchange? I think you really need a medium.

pittsburghgirl
02-27-2005, 02:29 PM
James is 24 lbs and wears a medium. There is definitely grow room on the snaps, he is also on the 2nd tightest snap. The only concern I will have is the rise, then again when he grows out of the rise on that he will also grow out of the rise on the dipes he wears under it. I can get a SP large SS hemp under the medium cover. I have 2 size 2 front snap SP's, one is much bigger than the other and doesn't fit under but the other does. My other trim fitteds all go under the fleece medium.

I also originally ordered a large but exchanged it before even trying it on, it was so big compared to my other covers.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

KrisM
02-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Oh, I hadn't thought about the rise. I'll try it on him again and see how much room is there.

I did buy it new, so I can exchange it I am sure.