PDA

View Full Version : Help with Blow Out Diapers!!!!

Grantsmom
02-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Not to be gross but my son has the worst blow out diapers. He is breast fed and we are using disposables and every time he goes, it is immediately running down his legs or out the top back of the diaper ruining his outfit. I have tried multiple brands so I dont think it is the diapers. I am paranoid that he will do this in public and I wont be able to clean it up as it usually needs a trip to the bath when it happens. We are flying on a plane next week and I am so scared. Any suggestions out there?????

Thanks

KrisM
02-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Well, we use cloth, but the standard suggestions for blow-outs are to size up in diapers or put a cover (for cloth) over the disposible. For a cover, you can get Prowraps for around $6 at www.naturalbabies.com and other places. The poop would get on the cover, but wouldn't escape to the clothes.

We had this problem often the few times we've done sposies. You could consider cloth - we only had a blow out once or twice in cloth. They're really quite easy :)

Momof3Labs
02-27-2005, 07:25 PM
That's pretty common with disposables, unfortunately. How much does your babe weigh, and what size dipes are you using? You might need to size up (though that may not help the leg leaks - should help the up the back leaks). How old is he?

todzwife
02-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I second the suggestion to get a diaper cover...Proraps are cheap and hold messes in very well, and there are a variety if you don't want plain white ;)

Grantsmom
02-28-2005, 08:51 AM
He is three months old, weighs about 14 lbs.
Thanks

hez
02-28-2005, 11:18 AM
If you're still in size 2, move up to size 3, for sure! We have yet to make a change in size based on the weights on the sides of the packages.

Pick something with stretchy sides (Cruisers, I think Huggies Supreme is stretchy, too) and that will handle the waist fit. The longer fit up the back will help prevent those blowouts, and the wider fit at the crotch may help with anything going out that direction.

Everytime we had leaks/blowouts like that we moved up sizes. It's a lot easier once the poop gets solid ;)

Momof3Labs
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Try Huggies Supreme size 3 - they are smaller than Pampers Cruisers size 3, kind of an in-between for babes too big for size 2 but too small for Cruisers size 3. That's what worked for us at the same age and weight.

alaible
03-01-2005, 08:03 PM
We use a combo of both cloth and disposables. We use cloth all the time at home and disposables when out or at a babysitters. I find that when the disposables start leaking or having blowouts it is time for the bigger size. My daughter has always "outgrown" before the size chart on the diapers indicated she should be moving to the next size. So I would start with that suggestion of a bigger size diaper and if that doesn't work I agree try a diaper cover at least for when you are traveling.