PDA

View Full Version : what size kid fits into your size 2 sugarpeas?

lizajane
03-01-2005, 09:59 AM
i ordered a "small" size 2 from the outlet for dylan to grow into, but wondered it i could get schuyler into it for a while. i tried it on him pre-wash/dry and it fit really weird! maybe i am just not used to fitteds! i could snap it on him using center snaps. and the rise looked ok. but i dunno. it just looked weird. maybe it will shrink too much for him (like i said, the outlet said these run small... that is why they are seconds) but he is within the size range.

he is over 36 inches tall and weighs 31.5 lbs.

pittsburghgirl
03-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I have two size 2's. One looks half the size of the other, it's very strange. Neither fits great, they both want to gap in the front. The smaller one does fit better; I tend to go for my SS SP's before these all of the time even though I like the prints. James is 33 in tall, 24+ lbs and on the skinnier side.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

daisymommy
03-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Joshua fits great into the size #2 Sugarpeas. He weighs 33.5 lbs, is 37" tall, waist 21", thighs 13", rise 18.5".

The only thing I would change about the fit is to make the rise 2" shorter. If I pull the diaper up tight against his crotch, the snaps go higher than his waist. So, there is a bit of a gap in the crotch. But, I have tried so many diapers, and settled on these because they still fit better on him than others, even with the higher than necessary rise issue.

nitaghei
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Liza,

I have a regular Size 2 SP - and it's huge on Neel - who is also over 36" but about 28 lbs. Neel is short-waisted - and the rise on the dipe is waaay too long for him - goes practically to his arm-pit. I can cross-over the tabs, too. The rise is okay folded over - but it's ridiculously bulky that way. Honestly, I don't think it will ever fit him correctly. Right now, this is my least favorite dipe - and I need to put it on Swap.

So, at least for the standard Size 2, there would be no reason why Schulyer couldn't use them for a long time. Don't know how the seconds run - I still haven't got the side snapping dipe I ordered over 2 weeks ago.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

Momof3Labs
03-01-2005, 03:01 PM
It would probably fit him, though not necessarily well. I also find the rise to be high (Colin is 39" and 31lbs) and the crotch to be wide and bulky. They also gap horribly at the thighs. These just aren't the right dipes for long, skinny kids IMO.

bcky2
03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
oh now i am discouraged. i just ordered my first sp size 2 from the outlet like 2 weeks ago, i havent gotten it yet, but i thought everyone raved about the sp's. my ds is 20lbs and 28 inches and now i am worried that it is never going to fit right. i am going to cry ;( i was sooo looking forward to the diaper comming. i have my heart set on trying to do covers too and not just pockets. i now will not run to my mail box tomorrow.

Momof3Labs
03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
They may still work for you! But the raves tend to be for Sugarpeas size 1 dipes for younger babes, and to a lesser extent, for the side snap dipes.

kozachka
03-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I wish I knew this earlier! Should have done my research better.

Got a SS SP in smallish size L couple days ago and I don't love it. The rise is way too high for my guy. And the soaker seems to be too wide and long for the dipe :(.

Not sure if this is SP design, or if all SS dipes are this way, but I find it more difficult to get it on my standing wiggler. And I am not at all crazy about a back-snapping soaker that flops when I try to get the dipe on.

We'll use it but it won't be the first, or even second, dipe I'd be reaching for.

Momof3Labs
03-05-2005, 08:38 AM
I actually think that the side snap SPs are some of the nicer ones out there, at least for the price. The larges DO have a higher rise, but they fit my toddler quite well. My soaker fits fine length and width wise - again, I don't think that you can judge a diaper by a second-quality one where the cut is off. But I don't like side snap dipes much so am trying to get rid of some of them in our stash.

bcky2
03-05-2005, 09:58 AM
hmmm, just out of curiosity, what size were thoes you are looking to delete from your stash? did you say size 2? i kinda liked mine, and am having a friend tweak them just a bit so they are not so droopy in the crotch.

Momof3Labs
03-05-2005, 08:42 PM
My size 2 SPs just sold - I have large side-snap Peas on swap right now.