PDA

View Full Version : an interesting suggestion I read on a different board

knaidel
03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
I recently joined "Sew Your Own Diapers" yahoogroup. Someone there made a really interesting suggestion:

At nighttime, she doesn't use covers. She uses a fitted, and waterproofed one of her kids' sleepsacks. She says it works really well.

Now, as I'm typing this, I'm wondering, "What's the advantage of that?" I guess it's a little more economical- the sleep sacks can be bought for cheaper than the covers? And a lot of people have sleepsacks anyway- I have a few, but I don't have any wool or fleece covers.

Just thought it was interesting. If anyone wants more info, then I can look it up for you.

C99
03-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Maybe it's breathability?

Saartje
03-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Breathability, or perhaps it's less likely to leak onto the sheets? Definitely not something I'd try before the nighttime pooping newborn stage ended, unless you wanted to bathe the wee one every morning.

knaidel
03-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I think Sarah's right. The woman said it was because of breatheability. Why can't I spell that word correctly?

Anyway, are my eyes playing tricks on me, or everytime I see a post from Caroline, you've changed the "hoping she stays put until... date?"

My kid was due on 12/17/04. I was SURE he would stay put until 12/21, when his dad had his last final. He didn't, and my husband ended up studying from the hospital.

C99
03-02-2005, 04:03 PM
No, I changed it. April 6 is 35 weeks, which is how long Nate stayed in there. April 13 is 36 weeks and a friend of mine who used to be a NICU nurse at NMH told me that they don't red flag kids after 36 weeks.

saharamama
03-08-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm due in April and am getting deveral WAHMS's to make me wool sleep sacks for my new baby ... I was thinking of all those middle of the night diaper changes and how hard it was to get dd's little legs back into her sleeper when she was new ...and then I thought why can't I just use a wool sleep sack ...pull it up ...change, wipe ...put on fitted ...pull back down ...SO much easier!