PDA

View Full Version : sewing elastic for fitteds....

SeekerMage
03-01-2005, 06:55 PM
help...I need sewing elastic for dummies. How do you get it so that that fabric gets all gathered? I bought the clear and braided classic strechrite because I wasnt sure which one. You sew it to the fabric but do I pull the elastic tight as Im sewing? AHHH I have no clue and really want to turn my cpf's into fitteds....anyone have any suggestiong? Do I have the right type of elastic or is there another one I need. Thanks all :)

pritchettzoo
03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I have absolutely no idea but I bet the answer is in this forum already: http://www.mothering.com/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=321. If not, the mamas there are very nice!

Good luck!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

omgrown
03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Yep, once you tack down the end of the elastic, pull the elastic tight while sewing it. It can get a little tricky. You kind of have to pull the elastic with 2 fingers and hold it to the fabric while using the other hand to keep the fabric feeding into the machine (sort of pulling it along from behind the foot). Does that make sense??? Sorry if I'm confusing you. PM me if you'd like a better description :-)