PDA

View Full Version : Do you fold down PFs in front?

jenjenfirenjen
03-01-2005, 10:37 PM
DS cannot really fit into snappied Infant PFs anymore (unless we want to do the Rashmi Speedo look.) I'm trying to figure out what to do with the Regular PFs. I've been doing a newspaper fold with the front folded down but that is major bulky up front (especially with a Prorap over it.) I was doing a Bikini twist with Infant CPFs but for some reason I just can't get the hang of it with this bigger dipe. Any suggestions?

papal
03-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey Jen,
What is the reason the bikini twist is not working with the regular prefold? That is what i use most of the time.
The other thing you could do is just lay it in the cover. I prefer folding it along the long-side so as to avoid that fold in the front.

hth.

KrisM
03-01-2005, 10:47 PM
I fold both in back and in front. By doing some in the back, there is less to fold in the front and it's not as bulky. Also, I think folding over before folding in seems trimmer, although I don't know why it would make any real difference.

Saartje
03-01-2005, 10:47 PM
(nak) In the front and, if they're just growing into a new size, in the back, too. I love the bikini twist for its trimness and simplicity; folding it down in front adds just a tiny bit of bulk -- nothing like the newspaper fold imo. Just do the twist w/ the reg as you would with an infant PF, Snappi it, then fold the front end down over the Snappi. Voila.

jenjenfirenjen
03-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Duh! That should work. I was trying to fold down after twisting but before snappi-ing and with squirmy baby...well, it just wasn't working. That should be better.

Thanks all!

lisajane
03-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh, folding down AFTER snappi'ing, that IS a good idea!