PDA

View Full Version : Very funny British CD site, for anyone with time on their hands

MeredithsMom
03-02-2005, 10:03 AM
http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/Default.asp

I have been having a great time reading the comments of "The Nappy Lady" at the above site. For any Anglophiles out there who need a good laugh, check it out!

Here's a preview of the wackiness:

Welcome to The Nappy Lady

Hello and welcome to my site. If you're looking for cloth nappies, you're in the right place. If you're looking for fridges, I'm afraid you're not.

[ . . . ]

Now to the Shopping - you don't need to buy your nappies from us, but if you want to, you certainly can. Don't let me stop you. Also, don't be put off by the title Shopping - you can of course review our products without actually buying anything. It's called Window Shopping in the real world, but the advantage of the internet is that the glass does not fog up (unless you are way too close to your screen - in which case I suggest you sit back a bit).

That's all the nappy stuff - if you like the tone of the site, feel free to have a wander round all the non nappy stuff. Or use the search facility if you're looking for something specific. There are left hand buttons on every page, so you shouldn't get lost - they even follow you down the screen (which some people love and others find a bit creepy).

Most people know something about the environmental cost of using disposables, or at least about the landfill problems associated with throwing them away. But then they think that real nappies are old fashioned terry squares, with complicated terryfolds and pins. It's enough to put anyone off.

A few determined ones dig through the parenting magazines and the internet to find out that modern cotton reusable nappies are nothing like the terries our mothers used. They are often shaped like disposables and fasten with velcro, poppers or nifty little grips. There are so many different brands as well: Tots Bots, Kooshies, Motherease, Popolino, Sam-I-Am, Daisy Diapers, Imse Vimse, Snugglenaps, Nappy Nation, Bambino Mio, Cotton Bottoms, Ellie Nappies, Nature Babies, Ella's House ... to name but a few.

That's when it all becomes a bit of a minefield. With so much choice of fundamentally different types of nappy, where do you start? It's an expensive decision to get wrong, and who do you ask for help? The chances are, all your friends have used disposables, and think you're mad even to consider using cloth nappies.

Put it this way, no-one loves disposables. They may or may not feel guilty about using them, but disposable nappies are a necessary evil rather than something you want your child to wear. On the other hand, I could introduce you to hundreds of families who really love their cotton nappies. All I can suggest is that you find out why. It’s not just the fact that you can save a lot of money, or help protect the environment, or the fact that your child is wearing something reliable at last. They just love them. I can’t explain it, it’s just true!

mudder17
03-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Okay, I haven't had time to look at the site yet, but just the preview you posted had me rolling! :D Thanks for sharing this site. I'll have to bookmark it, even if I never buy anything from them! :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Breastfed 1 Year -- Woohoo!

MeredithsMom
03-02-2005, 12:38 PM
It really is hysterical. This morning I read the portion where she reviews products. She lists all the plusses and minuses without holding back. After she goes through all the reasons why she personally doesn't like CPFs, she then writes "With that said, here's what we sell...." ROFL

:-)