PDA

View Full Version : Pampers Cruisers 3 vs. Huggies Supremes

inmypjs
03-02-2005, 12:13 PM
My son is going to need to move to size 3 diapers soon, and I wondered which to get? We started with Huggies newborns (which always leaked out the back) and have used Pampers Swaddlers ever since. I like their stretchiness. We do get a few small poop leaks out the legs. Anyone have any opinions about which size 3 I should get - Pampers Cruisers or Huggies Supremes? Are the Cruisers just for crawling babies? (My son does not yet.)

hez
03-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I'll answer the crawling question-- nope, they're not just for crawling kids. They just call 'em that because some size 3 kids are, some aren't, but size 1 and 2 kids generally aren't :)

As for preference, someone less biased than me will need to answer. I believe both have stretch, but fit between Huggies and Pampers products is not equal.

ETA: Not equal in that they fit different sized babies, based on comments I've read here(no personal experience with Supremes).

MeredithsMom
03-02-2005, 12:40 PM
In my experience Huggies that are the same size as Pampers will be cut smaller (or at least stretchy enough to feel/look smaller). I've gotten mostly Pampers but did try the Huggies in Size 2/1-2. Haven't tried Huggies in Size 3, but the Cruisers are huge on my DD. They are pretty good, but the box of Baby Dry my DH bought played a large part in sending me over the edge to try cloth diapering. :-)

HTH

Momof3Labs
03-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Huggies Supreme size 3 are much smaller than Cruisers size 3 (which I feel is a huge jump in size from Swaddlers size 2 - I couldn't believe the size difference). They worked much better for us when Colin outgrew Swaddlers size 2.

new_mommy25
03-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Actually the design of the Huggies Supreme has changed. They are now almost exactly like Cruisers only slightly stretchier. I actually like the Supreme's more than I do Cruisers.

westgre
03-03-2005, 06:58 AM
I think I've tried every diaper imaginable on DD (including cloth) and here's what I've found so far:
1. Pampers and Huggies sizes are not the same. Generally, DD fits one size smaller in Huggies than Pampers. For example, she can wear size 5 Pampers now, but has to wear size 6 Huggies.
2. Huggies Supreme is sized slightly smaller than Huggies Ultratrim and Pampers Cruisers are sized slightly smaller than Pampers Baby Dry. This is helpful when baby is in between sizes of your favorite dipe.
3. Sometimes Pampers fit DD better, sometimes Huggies did.
At least for us, when DD outgrows a dipe, we have to start all over again on which dipe fits her best.
HTH!

Gretchen & Lyra (12/30/02)