PDA

View Full Version : What's the scoop on Honeyboy dipes?

kozachka
03-04-2005, 03:30 AM
I am looking to add couple fleece pockets or AIO to my Apron Strings. Honeyboy AIOs sound like they might work for us. Love the Ocean Wonders collection, check it out: http://www.stitchnstuff.ca/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=ClothDiapers&Sub=34&isThumbs=Yes&Thumbs=100

They are pricey if you add a doubler, microfleece and shipping. I've seen some on MDC TP for sale in our size though. Before buying them wanted to see what you ladies like or hate about Honeyboys.

From what I've read they are bulky but so are most fleece options for the night. If you know a trim one, please feel free to steer me that way. They take forever to dry. Not to much of a concern for us. We live in Southern California and line dry our dipes for most part. On the other hand, they seem to hold a ton without wicking. Or do they? And I love their colours, too cute.

pittsburghgirl
03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
I have a honeyboy I got from the MDC TP. The inner is showing some signs of wear at the leg openings but otherwise it has held up well, I think it had lots of use by its previous owner.

It is bulky but not hugely so. I can get baggy sweatpants on over it. The one I have has a micro-topped doubler. I can't tell you how it would hold up overnight, though, haven't tried it. It seems very well make, the Aplix is some of the strongest I've seen, despite being well-used it holds like iron on the fold-back tabs, no coming loose in the wash.

The one I have is royal with a cloud and sun on the back, very cute. I love stuff on the bum!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

Momof3Labs
03-04-2005, 10:17 AM
I really like the fit of the Honeyboy on Colin, but it is definitely bulky. I wouldn't trust it for nighttime though - if it gets too wet it definitely wicks. And, yes, they take a long time to dry!

amyff
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I so agree! Our HB (slime green giraffe) is DD's favorite diper...because it is so cute. She loves to use it for her doll babies.

But...it is super bulky (which didn't bother me during the winter since it was so cozy) and will wick if it is really wet and it takes forever to dry. We never used the doubler but the inside print of the diaper did fade quite a bit.

By the way...DD has almost grown out of it (size large)...so watch out as I may list it soon on BBB Swap! :)

kozachka
03-05-2005, 12:17 AM
I admired pictures of Giraffe HB somebody posted earlier, too cute.

BBB Swap sounds tempting but size large would probably be too big for my skinny leggy boy. I am afraid that even medium HB would be too big in the rise on him (at 18"). DS can still wear size 3 Huggies.

kozachka
03-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Thank you for all the feedback on HoneyBoy. IMO it's not worth the full price but I'll chance it for 9 ppd from TP. We need more dipes for the day too;). And it does not need a cover.

So now I can't bitch if it's too bulky, takes too long to dry, wicks or fades ;). Sounds like fun. Can't believe it but I am already a sucker for cute dipes LOL. At least I am passing on the other four HBs that are 13 ppd. One of them would have been just perfect for the 4th of July.