PDA

View Full Version : Can you stand another newborn stash question?

egoldber
03-05-2005, 08:05 PM
OK, I'm all set for diapers I think, but what about covers. I have 6 size NB covers:

2 Bummi SWW
1 Prorap
1 Bummis pull-on pant
1 Motherease XS Rikki Wrap
1 Bumkins XS
1 Bumkins S (but I think these covers run pretty small)

Enough covers????

Just for fun, my NB diaper stash is:

12 K0s
3-4 other random fitteds
12 preemie IPFs
1 BabyBlanket pocket
2 XS FBs

Thats probably not quite enough diapers, but I also have the following to use as needed:

12 infant IPFs
12 infant 4x6x4 CPFs

And if you are still willing to humor me, for the small stage, I have 9 covers:

2 S Bumpy Days
1 S LiteWrap
1 S ME Rikki Wrap
1 S ME Airflow
4 S Proraps

For small diapers, I also currently have 2 small FBs and a bunch of onesize diapers of various types that I am hoping will work. And of course all the infant prefolds above. I have a healthy stash of regular and premium prefolds from before.

I am thinking (based on my experience last time) that once DD#2 gets seriously into smalls, I will buy a dozen pockets and just use those supplemented with my prefolds.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Oh, I also have some wool soakers that I knitted. Ugh...need to lanolize those!

C99
03-05-2005, 11:16 PM
How often will you do CD laundry? If it's every other day or so, I think you will be fine for covers. I had 3 w/ Nate last time to start and it definitely wasn't enough, but I think 6 regular + a couple of wool should cover you. I am aiming to have about 6-8 covers for #2.

kensjen
03-05-2005, 11:30 PM
I think you have enough newborn covers. And depending on what size "the blob" turns out to be, you may not need newborn covers very long.
Sounds like you have all you need....just waiting on the baby! ;)

You'll have to share photos of the knitted covers, I bet they are super cute!!

tarahsolazy
03-05-2005, 11:58 PM
I think you're all set, because you have plenty of smalls. I had 8, 4NB and 4SM, and that was fine, with mostly prefolds and KL0s.

mudder17
03-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Sounds like you're all set. I started with 12 preemie EPFs + 12 kissaluv 0s and 24 infant PFs. I ended up getting another dozen of the preemie EPFs because at 7 pounds, the infants were just huge on her. So 36 diapers to start with. I had 3 newborn (or 4) and 4 small covers and they worked just fine. I washed every 2 days in the beginning.

I didn't start pockets until Kaya was starting solids at 6.5 months because her poop was just so leaky and explosive and pockets did nothing to contain it. She was also gaining an oz a day for the first 4 months, so I didn't think I should spend $$ on fancy fitteds when PFs worked so well for us. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif Breastfed 1 Year -- Woohoo!

egoldber
03-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks all! One less thing to obsess about in my frantic last few weeks! LOL!!