PDA

View Full Version : Softest nursing pads? Quick?

Judegirl
03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Not sure where to put this...but ouchy!! My nipples have HAD it. What's the softest thing I can get? (I'm not willing to stalk anywhere...only 2 more months to go and I need something now!) Where do I find them?

I'm about to cut up dd's velour wipes... :(

Thanks,
Jude

Marisa6826
03-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Lanisoh makes soft ones called "first days". I've seen them at Target, Buy Buy Baby and BRU. I put some Lanisoh ointment on the pad and then the pad in my bra overnight and it really, really helped.

Buy Buy Baby also has these things called Soothies. They're kind of a glycerin pad that sticks to your boob. Spendy - about $9 a pair and only good for about a week, but totally worth it!

Good luck!!

-m

tarahsolazy
03-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Seriously, cut up the wipes! Or, email Shandelle www.funnyfarmcreations.fourlittleducks.com (I think) and see if she'll do some two layer organic velour ones for you on the quick. I think that would be the softest thing around. If they are really sore, I second the Soothies idea. They were great in the first week or so for me, when I had one trashed nip.

pritchettzoo
03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Cut up a couple of wipes. You could get possibly 4 from each layer of velour. You could put the velour square over a disposable pad if you need the leak protection. A wipe is around a dollar, so you'd get 8 for $1--probably cheaper than disposables! If you have a craft/fabric store nearby, you could also go grab a piece of velour. It's probably on clearance now that it's spring. Another thought--microfleece.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

calebsmama03
03-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Yes, yes and yes! I agree with all! Soothies are a godsend if you're really sore. I kept mine in the fridge for extra healing. They work like lanolin (moist wound care) but are so much more soothing and comfy. I've seen them at Walgreens, as well.
I got some silk and cashmere breastpads from luxebaby. She usually has them in stock but they are pricey - $8 a pair. But if you're only planning to use for 2 mos, I'd cut up the wipes or get some micro to put inside whatever you're wearing now.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05

mudder17
03-10-2005, 06:37 AM
I actually just folded DD's wipes in fours and used those. I was such a leaker that these worked beautifully and they were so much more comforable and absorbent than anything else I tried. In fact, I got a rash from any of the disposables--go figure.

If you don't need them to be that absorbent, then just cut up DD's wipes. They are truly more comfortable than anything else, and it'd be cheap. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif
12M checkup: 31", 18.8 lbs, 47 cm head

Judegirl
03-15-2005, 11:47 AM
I did the velour wipe thing, which was nicer than pads, but still pretty rough. Then yesterday I happened to see Soothies at Rite Aid; I never would have noticed them if they hadn't been mentioned here.

So I bought them, and WHAT a difference! Thank you guys SOOOO much!

:)
Jude

calebsmama03
03-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Aren't they AWESOME?!? FOr extra relief if you're super sore try putting them in the fridge. :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05

tarahsolazy
03-15-2005, 05:21 PM
When I was in the hospital after DS was born, I kept them stuck to the side of my big ol ice/water straw bottle while I was nursing. OOH, they felt so nice afterward!

todzwife
03-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Glad you found something that helps- LMK if you need any velour ones.

pritchettzoo
03-15-2005, 07:02 PM
How do you make your nursing pads? I'll need some (eventually) and just wondered--are they backed with PUL or what?

Thanks!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

lisbeth916
03-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Someone gave me some Johnson and Johnson pads in a mommy care package. They are really super thick and have a little indent for your nipple, therefore it is not flattened as much when you put it in your bra. I found them to be wonderful.
In fact I was in so much pain that I cried every time I nursed on my left side for two and a half weeks after that I was only stiffening up and grinding my teeth/clenching my jaw until last weekend (daughter 5 weeks March 16th). Good luck, I feel for you. :(
~Beth