PDA

View Full Version : question for hh users

bcky2
03-11-2005, 08:49 AM
i was wondering about the difference between hh prints and solids. i have a print and it is the stiffest diaper. so my question is, are the solids softer than the prints? by how much? could they be compared to a fb in softness? also i have heard mention that the hh prints would work as a swim diaper. do you just put it on dc unstuffed when they swim? im sure you wouldnt stuff it because of it absorbing alot of water. do they work well as a swim diaper? thanks for all your help!

kensjen
03-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Yes, the solids are softer, comparable to FB. The prints are a woven cotton backed with PUL, well, kind of laminated....Anyway, that is what makes them stiffer. Many AIOs with cotton prints are this way. This is one reason why I am not fond of them. The other thing, they are known to wick. With my heavy wetter, they just weren't reliable enough, we could only use the solids.

We use FB for a swim diaper, and you could use a HH as well. Just use the shell (unstuffed) and put in on DC. We then put a pair of regular swim trunks over this. This has worked well for us, better than the expensive and yucky disposable ones.

The HH print dipe will soften a bit as you use it. But you probably will have to apply some water repellent type of spray on it at some time to "rewaterproof" the outer shell.

HTH!

pittsburghgirl
03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I have a print and a solid and have given up on my print. It seems to wick no matter what I stuff it with. I thought about using it as a swim diaper too, so it's tucked away somewhere.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

almostamom
03-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I don't have any HH prints as I was warned about them wicking. I will say that the HH solids are the ONLY diaper we have that has NEVER leaked! I'm very happy with the few we have.

~Linda~

emelsea
03-12-2005, 08:10 AM
I have one HH print, and I like it. It is stiffer, but I've never had leaks or wicking. It is probably my favorite diaper right now.