PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Diaper Leaking

LoriH
03-13-2005, 07:10 PM
My DS is 2 weeks old and weighs 8 lbs. 11 ozs. For the first week we used the newborn Pampers Swaddlers, but my DH refuses to use them anymore because they keep leaking. I am not sure how it happens, but it seems that he pees and it leaks on the back of his clothes. We switched to the Huggies size 1 diapers from Costco and he is still leaking. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?

lilycat88
03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Purely anecdotal...

A friend of mine with a son said that the swaddlers didn't work at all with him but the Baby Dry version of Pampers did. We have a daughter and the opposite was true. We couldn't use Baby Dry...only swaddlers. I think I've heard the comment about Baby Dry working better on boys more than once on the boards.

Momof3Labs
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
My DS could NEVER wear newborn size dipes - at that size, your DS is probably too big for them, which is why they were leaking for you. Try Pampers size 1, either Swaddlers or Baby Dry. And be sure that you are getting a good fit when putting on the diaper!!

lilycat88
03-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Oh yeah...missed the "newborn" thing. Duh... DD was 8 lbs at birth and we only lasted in NB diapers for as long as it took to use up all we brought from the hospital. I agree...try a bigger size.

starfish03
03-13-2005, 11:43 PM
My DS leaked out of every disposable diaper I every put him in. He would also be wet all down his back.

One thing that worked was making sure his penis was pointed downward. This helped stop many of the leaks.

(this is part of why we do cloth now!)

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
03-17-2005, 11:47 PM
My DD started using size 1's pretty soon after birth. She weighed 8 lbs. at birth but is chubby so the NB diapers were kind of tight. Is your son chubby by any chance? My baby leaks out of Huggies size 1 like there's no tomorrow - especially poop up the back. We actually prefer Luvs. They are wider and a bit longer so her poop and pee isn't forced upwards where it leaks out.

No one can really tell you what diaper will work best b/c each baby is built differently. Some people have success with White Cloud as well. We haven't tried those since we've been really happy with Luvs.

Marisa6826
03-18-2005, 01:19 AM
Yup. He's definitely too big for the NB size. You can go to their website or call 1800pampers and they will send you samples and coupons of both size 1 and 2.

Their customer service people are quite helpful.

If it would be easier, I can send you a couple of both sizes (we're about to move up to a 2). PM me if you want them.

-m