PDA

View Full Version : Peeing to the left

KrisM
03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I sit DS on the potty a few times each day. While we're not doing "potty training", I am trying to get him used to it so that we can do training over the course of the next year or so. Anyway, he sits on the Baby Bjorn Little Potty as most diaper changes. He pees in it about half the time these days. But, he pees to his left. So, it comes out past the side of the spray guard, runs down his leg and onto the floor.

Is there another potty or something I can do so that we don't have such a mess? I don't imagine the left-ness will decrease when he's older, so it'll still be an issue for training, until he can point himself in the correct direction.

Thanks.

kozachka
03-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Congratulations on the potty pees! We've been using potty for quite awhile here and it certainly makes life easier, especially if you catch poops. DS also pees to one side. According to DH and FIL (former urologist) it's pretty normal and nothing to worry about.

We've been using BB Potty Chair, the one with an insert. One of the advantages of this particular potty is that you can adjust position of the spray guard since the insert is removable. The drawback is that when DS gets up, the insert occasionally sticks to his butt, so I have to hold it, otherwise all the pee will be on the floor. That's one of the reasons why pp on EC board at MDC prefer BB Little Potty.

The other thing you can try is to have Andrew pee in the big toilet. I hold him in a squating position facing the toilet, butt and feet resting on the plastic toilet seet. DS certainly prefers it to the potty chair these days. Less for me to clean too.