PDA

View Full Version : first nite in wool with a super soaker baby need help

ladythepup
03-17-2005, 12:08 PM
hi, my daughter wore her first bejamuffins nitedreamers with a merino wool soaker over it from Warm hearted woolies last nite. I put it on her at 730 pm and at 445 it was starting to soak through the wool. so i had to change her. Any suggestions on what to do she is a super soaker. and also where do u all get ur wool soakers shorts and longies. I am looking for some more but dont want to pay to much money.

Thanks ladies

mudder17
03-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Okay, a couple of things. I'm not sure about the weight of your wool soaker, but perhaps it's only a daytime weight wool soaker? The other question is did you lanolize it first?

I'm not sure what your budget is, but there is currently a coop going on to get pickle pants soakers for $20 plus shipping, which is a very good price. They should work okay for night time, especially if you well-lanolize them.

A somewhat more affordable option (although I wouldn't use these for night time) are soakers made by tinker6729 on ebay. She has a few items available at the moment, some with free shipping: [link:search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtinker6729QQssPageNameZ STRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI|tinker6729]. I have a pair of soakers and a pair of longies made by her that have held up very well with no leaks during the day (I have never tried them at night).

Personally, I've been using an aristocrat for night time and have NEVER had a leak. You could probably find these on the swap (either diaperswap or BBBswap). I've seen them come up from time to time, or you could post an ISO.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif
12.5 months: 30", 19.7 lbs, 47 cm head

new_mommy25
03-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Just a quick question - did you lanolize the wool cover prior to putting dd in it?

pritchettzoo
03-17-2005, 04:19 PM
That's what I was going to ask. If you did, you might want to look into wool soakers--not the cover itself but an additional wool insert. I know loveybums.com carries them, and I imagine you could make it yourself with wool from the fabric shop.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)