PDA

View Full Version : Breathable, less stink-prone nighttime option - PAGING RASHMI

tarahsolazy
03-18-2005, 11:50 AM
I found a breathable nighttime fitted option that doesn't feature a zillion layers of stink-prone (in my hands) hemp! Pocket fitteds. Why did I not think of this sooner? I always thought the idea of pocket fitteds was silly, but for night this is great! I bought a fleece-lined Happy Hempy (super cheap from lilbunz). Its two layers of hemp fleece, with the entire interior lined in micro. Stuffed with a cottonbabies microfiber insert, it works great. With only two layers of hemp, I'm sure I can keep it stink free. I just ordered another dipe, a Harleyz Pocketz fitted, fleece lined as well. She has a try one deal at Hyena Cart, its $10! Also has a side snap version, for the Applix-averse. I'll review that one when I get it.

papal
03-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Oh Tarah! You are brilliant!!! Off to check out Lilbunz. Where is this Hyena Cart to look at the Harleyz?
I have Cottonbabies inserts coming out of my ears, so this would be a fabulous solution for this summer!!!!
YOU ROCK TARAH!!!

ETA: Since I am applix-averse (heehee), I am also trying the $10 Harleyz! So excited!! I hope this is it and I have found the nighttime solution.
Tarah, did she email you when you placed an order? I wanted to make sure it is microfleece lined.

tarahsolazy
03-18-2005, 02:26 PM
the listing specifically says Malden Mills microfleece inner, so I went with that. I don't remember if she emailed me... Nope, not yet.

mudder17
03-18-2005, 02:46 PM
I have a pocket fitted from SEZ, but I never thought about using it for night time, Tarah. It does sort of make sense, and even if the pocket is hemp, with only two layers, it should be easy to rinse away all the detergent. What a great idea! You'll have to let me know how these work as soon as you get them.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif
12.5 months: 30", 19.7 lbs, 47 cm head

KrisM
03-18-2005, 03:29 PM
What is a pocket fitted? What makes it different than a pocket or a fitted?

papal
03-18-2005, 03:32 PM
A regular pocket would be an AIO.. no cover needed because it has PUL or Fleece.
A pocket fitted would be a fitted with a pocket so you have the ability to stuff it as much or as little you like. You still need to add a cover though.

KrisM
03-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Ah ha! Now I get it. Thanks :)

holliam
03-18-2005, 04:14 PM
This is the principle behind the Fluffymail Nightlights. They are pocket fitteds with plain OC or hemp and glow in the dark snaps.

(they make a pocket fitted with cute prints too but don't sell them just for nightime use)

Holli

tarahsolazy
03-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, but I have zero time and tolerance for hyena stalking. I can't do it, my work day is too full of intensive care patients! So, I am ignoring all FM products as possibilities for any use for my son. I know they are supposed to be great, but alas, Forrest's hinder will never know.

holliam
03-18-2005, 04:44 PM
LOL My point was just that pocket fitteds are definitely popular for nightime use, made so by the Nightlights.

I got the only Nightlights I have from my custom order. I don't stalk Fluffymail either. :)

Holli

kozachka
03-19-2005, 12:43 AM
I've got my Happy Hempy's (not micro lined) from http://www.thehappyheinystore.com just over a month ago. It was only $3.37 delivered with a $10 off MDC code (112600100) that I accidentally googled. Microfleece-lined Hempy's would have been $1.50 more. You can try to see if the code still works.

sb1177
03-19-2005, 01:59 AM
I have tried a harleyz pocket fitted. It was 1 layer of hemp with suedecloth lining. Harleyz are very trim! I am not sure if they are ideal for the night, although they do make a nightime one but I really liked the trimness of it.

Judegirl
03-19-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm confused...is it breathable because you don't use a cover? Or do you use a breathable cover? Without PUL, won't it get soaked through? (Dd easily soaks three JBs in a night...I just bought a HH fleece, but I dunno.....!)

Jude

papal
03-19-2005, 08:08 AM
It can be breathable if you use a breathable cover like wool. :)
Eileen also mentioned just putting the baby in a fleece sleep-sack or on fleece sheets without a cover. The sheets thing might be nice for summer.

papal
03-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks! I just got one for $7.38. :)

new_mom_sd
03-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I am going to be a first time mom and I'm already obsessed with cloth diapers. Have been lurking here a lot to learn about CD and create a system which will work for me.
Got a lot of great tips.

I also placed an order for Happy Hempy with that MDC voucher and while placing order the site accepted it but got a mail that they don't have any voucher out, not sure if they will honor it.
Did any of you got that discount? Did they honor the coupon?