PDA

View Full Version : Ugh I dont know what to do need advice about diapers

ladythepup
03-21-2005, 02:11 PM
hi all,
yesterday i stripped all of kaykays diapers and so she went to bed in a sposie and at 1am woke up soaking wet. so put a FB on her with 2 MOE doublers. and at 745 am this morning it was very saturated. I dont know what do with her anymore. I mean i stripped everything. and the Benjamuffins fitted i have still smells like pee pee. so i am guessing i need to wash it with detergent now. i am so baffled. I am thinking i need to switch over to wool and fitteds for kaykay. so with that thought. I am looking for good fitteds for a super soaker and that has a external soaker i guess(if that would help). any advice. and what is some good wool that is available right now and not crazily priced.
Oh and how much soap do u all put in for like 25 diapers and liners.?

Thanks all

SeekerMage
03-21-2005, 02:33 PM
First of all...how did you strip them? Did you just wash and wash and wash but without any soap? You need to add soap to begin with to get them clean, and then strip by washing over and over to get all the soap out. The amount of soap depends upon your water. I tend to use about a half a cup, (we have hard water) but when Im stripping I use a full cup so I know they are REALLY clean, and then strip till all the soap is gone. HAve you tried adding vinegar and baking soda to get out the smell? Or sunning them? Also, do you have enough water? Are the diapers moving freely in the water? (you might have too many diapers and not enough water, but I dont see this happening)

For a supersoaker it sounds like you need the hemp diapers. You should try the joeybunz and other hemp inserts with your FBs and you might find then work a lot better then the MOEs....I dont know about the wool because we havent gone there yet but others can tell you better about them. Hths some atleast :)

stillplayswithbarbies
03-21-2005, 03:06 PM
What are you trying to accomplish with the stripping? If you are trying to get rid of the pee smell, that won't happen. Pee smells like pee, especially when it sits overnight.

If they smell like pee right out of the washer or dryer, then you need to use more soap in the wash.