PDA

View Full Version : Norah is having big dipe problems

Marisa6826
03-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Nathan is down to 19lbs and change. He has gotten so thin, that she can't get dipes to fit him. She said that she's tried all kinds, all sizes and nothing's working. The thigh openings are just too big at this point. He refuses to wear onesies, so she was going to try and put briefs over the 'sposie.

I asked her if she thought about a wool cover and I think she said that Beth was going to maybe send her FuzziBunz.

I don't think she wants to go back to cloth, but she said she might have to go back to cloth till he gains some weight. The doctors told her that he needs to be supplemented with Pediacare till he hits 20lbs. Nathan refuses to take it, so they might be looking at force feeding because he's losing weight so fast.

I'm sure the LAST thing she needs right now is cloth dipe laundry.

Any suggestions I can forward?

Thanks

-m

egoldber
03-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Just FYI, he seems to be between a size 2 and a size 3. She's tried Huggies Ultratrim and Supreme, Pampers Cruisers and BabyDry, Luvs, White Cloud and Target brand.

jk3
03-21-2005, 11:10 PM
My DS is on the skinnier side though he's a few pounds heavier than Nathan. Huggies Convertibles work the best. The trick is to open the tabs so they start out like a regular diaper not a pull up and to pull the tabs as tight as possible so they completely overlap. These aren't the easiest diapers to find but they're usually available at Target.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

new_mommy25
03-22-2005, 03:19 AM
How about a pul wrap over the disposable? I have some Green Earth and Bumpy's I could send her.

caleymama
03-22-2005, 08:11 AM
We tried Pampers Easy Up First Steps 1T/2T when Caley was not much bigger than that (if any bigger) and I thought they were pretty snug. She's always been pretty thin and we didn't have a problem with fit. They aren't true diapers but the sides tear easily enough to make diaper changes fine. I thought they were plenty absorbant too.

http://tinyurl.com/4y5o5