PDA

View Full Version : WOW- the Pampers smell nearly laid me flat!

kijip
03-21-2005, 10:37 PM
My mother moved a bit ago (5 MONTHS ago!) and she was sorting through some boxes (let us just say that my love of order and tidy-ness DID NOT come from her!) and found a mostly full pack of Pampers cruisers Sz 5 and a bunch of loose Pampers Cruisers Sz 4 from before Toby was back in cloth (8-9 months ago). She brought them to us in a plastic sack and I set them in the closet as back-ups. Well I went to get some table napkins from my linens stash in that same closet and I was OVERWHELMED by the smell. Maybe the baby perfume smell gets worse from sitting in a plastic bag for months?

Heck, my table linens smell like Pampers now!

new_mommy25
03-22-2005, 03:17 AM
I think Pampers smell nasty just in general. Today we were at Wee Play and I swear I could smell the Pampers off another little girls diaper. It's so nauseating. And the sad part is, even so we still use Cruisers. (Well, DH uses them, I stick to the cloth). We just do it because it's so convienant to buy the big box at Costco. We were using Huggies happily until we moved in to size 4 and they changed the design.

Karenn
03-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Isn't it the worst?? When it's that strong, I'll start sneezing and can't stop! I think keeping them in plastic does sort of "bottle up" the smell. I've found that if I take them out of the bag as soon as I get them home from the store, I can almost tolerate them once I've had them home for a week. I've actually started buying them on occassion when they're cheaper, but until recently, I couldn't handle the smell at all! I think it's just yucky!

pittsburghgirl
03-22-2005, 11:04 AM
I definitely "air out" the Pampers Cruisers I do occasionally get (DH is too afraid of poop to use cloth on my sleep-in days and it's not worth a battle for me). I have tried all of the other types of sposies but the Cruisers fit the best, so I always open the pack and let them air out, the smell goes away.

I do hate the nasty smell they make when he poops in them, though, something about the reaction with the chemicals? Sometimes I can hardly tell he has pooped in his cloth, but I can smell him a mile away when he's in a sposie. Ick!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

lizajane
03-22-2005, 02:20 PM
i have dh on the "sposies smell nasty" bandwagon now! he commented on it the other day. i think he said something to the effect of hemp smells after it has been in the pail for 2 days, but you can smell those pampers while he is still wearing them from a mile away. you just open schuyler's door and you can smell it! (he has been in sposies at night, but we are working on it again...)

i never thought to air them out. off to dump out the pack of icky luvs to diminish the smell...