PDA

View Full Version : Proraps colors question

searchdog
03-24-2005, 07:26 AM
I am thinking about ordering some proraps and trying to make more fitteds out of my prefolds and using those throughout the day and then I have the materials on order to make my own pockets for night time. I also bought a snap press which should pay for itself if I make about 8 pockets and I plan to make more than 8 once I figure out exactly how I want them. (and the snap press was a toy for me, I bought it with my birthday money HEHEHE!)

So my question is, someone told me the colors run smaller than the white proraps classics, is this your experience? If I should just get white I will, but thought it would be fun to get a couple colors. I also heard that the buckles on the colors are a good thing, any comments on that?

DD is currently wearing a med prorap classics over her fitteds at 19 lbs. She is still fitting in a med Fuzzi Bunz as well, but I think the rise is getting short, should I size up on my new proraps to Large?

Thanks,

mudder17
03-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Okay, remember this is purely my opinion, but as much as I like the colors of the proraps, I found them to be stiffer than the plain ole white ones and they tended to leave nasty red marks on DD's legs. And yes, they run slightly smaller and aren't as stretchy.

I stopped using proraps at the medium size, so I can't help with the sizing. Sorry. :( But I bet Liza could tell you. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif
12.5 months: 30", 19.7 lbs, 47 cm head

MMEand1
03-24-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure about them running small as we just started CD'ing my 2 yo DS (he is in a blue XL prorap), and my 2 mo DD is in the plain old white proraps, so I have no experience with other covers.

I can tell you that the buckle is pretty much useless on my DS. The velcro tabs are almost touching in the middle, so the buckle creates a big bump in the center. I took them off of a couple of the covers, but they are still on 2-3 and for some reason, when we grab a cover with the buckle still on it, my DS INSISTS that it be buckled!

The color ones that I have are a little stiffer/thicker than the white ones, but I don't mind and it does not seem to slow my DS down.

I would probably go up to the large. I'm sure that if it is a bit big, she will grow into it pretty quickly.
Mariah P.

MeredithsMom
03-24-2005, 01:51 PM
I haven't used the white ones, but I ordered a medium pink one for my starter stash (with a 7 month old, just under 17 lbs, 28" tall girl) and it was way too small (sent it back). It fit with nothing under it--LOL--but over a prefold I couldn't get it closed. Grant it it was a premium prefold that was bulky (and I'm not prefold wiz yet), but I'd say others are right who say size up in the colors.

HTH

p.s. My daughter fits well in Fuzzi Bunz medium--actually has lots of room to grow in them

MartiesMom2B
03-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I didn't know that the color covers ran smaller, which I guess is nice. We have a stash of the mint green large proraps. Martie is very skinny around the waist and fits into the medium FBs fine, and does well with the large proraps. Her other large covers are too big. I'd size up.

-Sonia

Saartje
03-25-2005, 03:16 PM
I HATED the Proraps Colors. The Proraps Classics worked great, but the Colours ran VERY small, and didn't wear well at all. They are not the same design as the classics and didn't provide the same fit (in shape, aside from being smaller), and I understand Colors aren't made of PUL, either (unlike classics), which may explain why the Classics held up dandy in the washer and dryer with the diapers, but the Colors (which I hung to dry 1/2 the time) looked dilapidated after about 2 weeks of use.

It's possible I just got a bad batch, with regard to how mine held up; but after my experience, I can only recommend sticking with the Classics. Try fabric painting the Classics or something if you want a fun cover.