PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Diapering families...did you use a diaper service? How long?

kijip
03-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Did you switch from service to wash at home or service to disposibles?

squimp
03-26-2005, 03:35 AM
We did it for six weeks, and it was the best shower present we got!

lizajane
03-26-2005, 08:09 AM
my CD friend (friend from high school) told me that she didn't really use the service. she prefered washing at home. so i just took her advice and didn't bother. plus, the service was $18/week, which would have been as much as disposables or more!

DebbieJ
03-26-2005, 09:56 AM
We used sposies til the mec was out and then we washed at home.

~ deb
DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

new_mommy25
03-26-2005, 01:17 PM
I considered it for quite a while. But then I got overwhelmed and just used disposables. Then I found this diaper forum and started to washmy own cloth when DS was 4 months.

caldreamer
03-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Gotta speak out in praise of the diaper service. Still using it at 10 months. I'm POSITIVE I wouldn't have stuck with cd'ing without it, given my serious aversion to laundry. I'm just now thinking of switching to wash-it-myself, and only because all my lurking on this forum makes me think that somehow, my washing machine could become my friend. Well, okay, mostly because if I wash myself I can use much cuter dipes, a world I barely knew existed before checking out this discussion. You know what they say about a little knowledge, lol.

C99
03-26-2005, 11:54 PM
I couldn't *find* a diaper service. Plus, the idea of PFs terrified me!

Zansu
03-27-2005, 05:14 PM
For DS #1, we used a diaper service for 2 years. When DS#2 arrived, I used the service for both of them for 2 months.

Once DS#2 started daycare, I cancelled the service for both and switched to CPFs for DS#1 and BBs with LJs for DS#2 (which I totally loved). However, DS#2's tush didn't love them, and we switched to sposies for him til his rash cleared.

Unfortunately, using sposies for DS#2 led to sposies for DS#1, and now we're entirely in sposies. DH and I just can't find the energy to do another 2-3 loads fo laundry per week.

So now I'm slowly selling off my stash, which makes me sad and makes me feel like a failure, b/c CDing is/was very important to me. :( But as a good friend pointed out, there are only so many hours in a day, and you have to deicde what's a priority, and live with your choices.

nohomama
03-28-2005, 12:03 AM
We received three months of diaper service as a shower gift when I was pregnant with Lola and I continued to use the service for another one or two months after that. For us it was a great way to start. We got familiar with CDing and didn't have to deal with more laundry during those chaotic first weeks and months of being new parents. With Astrid we went straight to laundering diapers ourselves.

katydid1971
03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
This has nothing to do with the this thread but I'm so happy you used the name Astrid, I have an Astrid grandma and I love the name. Way to go!!!!