PDA

View Full Version : yet another stupid mama cloth question...

SeekerMage
03-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Ok so now Im still trying to work out the whole logistics of the things, Im just clueless!

I have flannel that Im going to use on one side and then either suedecloth, velour, or microfleece (I have all three to try).

That being said, which side goes up (towards your body) and which side is down (towards underpants).

Also, can I do just suedecloth with maybe flannel or microfiber towel in the middle? (same with the velour etc) Or just ones made out of flannel? HELP! Ive been dying to try the silly things and havent bothered making any because I just dont get it all the way.

Thanks again....one of these days Ill get a clue!

calebsmama03
03-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Um, all of the above :) I personally don't care for suedecloth so I wouldn't put it on a pad but if you like it, that can be your stay dry upper. As for which side goes up/down - whatever your preference is, unless you're using something like windpro to be a waterproof layer, then you obviously want that pantyside! My faves are velour topped since it's so soft. I have some liners from Shandelle that are velour topped with flannel undersides. Unless your flow is really light (or these are just for tampon/diva backup) I'd use something more absorbant in the middle. Otherwise, you can prettymuch do what you chose!

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05

nitaghei
03-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Kathryn

These are what I have - if it helps (with the caveat I don't sew!):

The one from Shandelle is velour on top and bottom. The inner layers are organic cotton.

The Daisygirldesigns - pretty flannel or velour top; fleece bottom; hemp/flannel layers in the middle.

So you could use velour, microfleece or flannel for the top. And velour or a slightly heavier fleece for the backing. Flannel or microfiber for the inner layers.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

pittsburghgirl
03-31-2005, 03:59 PM
My Shandelle pads are velour topped, windpro on the bottom (panty-side) with a soaker (I think she uses hemp?) in between. My liners are two layers of flannel, or velour/flannel (with the flannel on the bottom).

I would get some windpro or something a little more waterproof for the bottom of your pads unless you are planning on just backing up a diva or making liners. I don't think any of the fabrics you currently have would be great for a pad only with moderate to heavy flow.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png