PDA

View Full Version : Help! My poor babe has major irritation from new CD :(

jillc
04-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi Ladies,

Hoping someone can help me with this...

Received my new Sammy's sherpa fitted dipe from Babymarketplace and was so excited to use it. We have borrowed a few of these from a friend & really liked them.

So I washed it once and Abby wore it yesterday morning for about an hour & a half. I know you're supposed to wash new dipes several times before using, but I was excited & wanted to try it out. I thought that the reason for multiple washings was to increase absorbancy of the dipes.

Now I feel like I'm up for the "Mean Mommy of the Week" award, b/c her little "girl area" is bright red & seems to be sensitive (crying when I wipe her even extermely gently).

So apparently the multiple washings of new dipes is supposed to make sure all the chemicals are out of the fabric, too.

We have never had this problem before, and she's not prone to rashes or anything like that.

How do I make this better? I let her be naked last night & this morning for about 30 min in hopes that that would help a bit. I've had her in some sposies w/A&D or Aveeno on the red areas, and I've also had her in prefolds w/covers & used a touch of Vaseline on the red areas.

Not sure if I should be using a lots of goop/sposie routine or dry skin w/cloth????

Would love to hear suggestions!!!

TIA!
Jill

emelsea
04-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I usually let DS go coverless in a PF. That way I can change him as soon as he wets, and it lets his bumm "air" out. He isn't a super soaker, so it's not like the diaper is sopping wet. I don't bother with a fleece liner b/c he fusses as soon as he is wet and I change him immediately.

I use gold bond baby powder instead of creams. I sprinkle it on a cotton ball, then dab it on DS.

mudder17
04-02-2005, 02:46 PM
I let her go diaperless or coverless as often as possible and changed her as soon as she was wet. And I did use a fleece liner, because that seems to make a difference with her.

For the rash treatment, I used a combo of triple paste and aquaphor and it seemed to work very well. Since your babe's rash is really red, some Mylanta may also help (I just added that to the mix of my triple paste and aquaphor) to soothe it.

Also, warm (not hot) baking soda baths seemed to help soothe the rash.

Hope your babe feels better soon!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

mommyj_2
04-03-2005, 10:24 AM
I let DS go coverless to clear up any skin irritation. I've also used Burt's Bees diaper ointment. I like it because it's gentle on DS' sensitive skin.
Did you just switch detergent? That rash sounds like one my DS got when I used Tide Free once.
I hope your little one's skin clears up soon.