PDA

View Full Version : I want to get back on the wagon--quickly!!!

csa12
04-02-2005, 10:03 PM
This is so funny because this is my third "I am getting back on the wagon . . . " post about getting back to Cding! After using sposies during the past few months when we travelled a bunch, I really want to get back to using cloth. But I think the key is to find something quickly that I can use and not have to wait for a custom order. I know I am impatient, but I think i want to get a whole stash now to help me stick with it. DS is two and I think I have at least another year before he's anywhere close to being potty trained and plus I am tired of making diaper runs to the store!

I want a new stash with dipes that are cheaper (i freak out if i get a stain on a $17 diaper) and can work with his changing body type. Pockets don't fit him as well anymore so I am thinking prefitteds or fitteds with some covers. The fitteds we have that I like are bikini cut CBs and Liz's hemp (although not that absorbent). In addition to these two dipes, are there any others that are readily available that people like?? I am searching past posts, but thought i would ask too. ( I have been out of the loop since June and feel like I have so much to catch up on!!)

For covers I really liked the pull on nylon covers from naturalbabies, although after a few washes they started wicking on the front. Is that normal??

Where can I get some prefitteds made with a short turn around?

I know I seem like instant gratification, but now that I have a sense of what works I want it now, now , now!!! :)

Thanks for indulging me,
Cheryl

Edited to correct spelling!

nohomama
04-02-2005, 10:12 PM
For prefitteds, try Shandelle at www.funnyfarmcreations.fourlittleducks.com or Janette at www.growmearainbow.com. Sugar Peas, either side-snapping or two sized, are readily available. Lucy's Hope Chest always has custom slots and has fast turnaround I hear (I've never owned/used her dipes). Pocket dipes are another option (FuziBunz, Happy Heineys, SnapEz, etc.) that's versatile.

Good luck,

mudder17
04-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Also, if you really like Liz's Cloth, Zannadu has the size 2's for 12.00. If you get $50 worth of stuff, it's free shipping. I just ordered from her on Wednesday night, she sent it out Thursday morning and I got it today (Saturday).

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

mommyj_2
04-03-2005, 10:21 AM
What brand of nylon covers did you buy? I've been using whisper pants for 2 years and have never had a problem with wicking. Do you think maybe you need more absorbancy in the diaper...or maybe it's another brand of nylon pants. I usually wash mine in warm and then hang them to dry, but I've dried them before and they still work fine.

csa12
04-03-2005, 02:32 PM
I was using the Litewrap nylon cover, and I used them often with either an Indian prefold or one of my hemp fitteds. It may have been an absorbency issue. Maybe I left his diaper on too long, I can't remember. :) I am going to try out the whisper pants next since we've had decent luck with Bummis in the past.

new_mommy25
04-03-2005, 02:51 PM
For decent priced fitteds try Sugarpeas, BijouBabyGear, Lucys Hope Chest, or Country Cuttins.

mommyj_2
04-04-2005, 06:30 PM
I just wanted to 2nd the Lucy's Hope Chest recommendation. I have one that I got used for $5, and I have to say it is one of my favorite diapers. The fabric has held up really well, it fits DS great, the absorbancy is comparable to other fitteds I've tried, and it has so many snaps, it has fit DS from the time he was a super-chub round baby and now that he is a tall, thin toddler.
I've never ordered from her site directly, so I'm not sure how fast you can get these.
I also love prefolds. I used prefolds with snappies probably 95% of the time. The regulars fit my DS forever.

csa12
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks for all the great recommendations ladies!! Now off to go shop . . . :)

Cheryl