PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Happy Heiny & Baby Blanket sizing

caleymama
04-04-2005, 02:46 PM
We just received some M Happy Heinys and they fit DD pretty well. They seem to be cut narrower through the crotch than S or M FB and this narrower cut fits DD better. Also, DD needs the HH as tight as they can go around the waist w/o crossing over (I don't have crossover tabs on the HH). I might be interested in gettting some M Baby Blankets diapers but I was hoping someone might be able to compare the sizing of M BB and M HH for me first. I don't know if I would want crossover tabs on the BB or not. (FYI, DD is almost 25" and 14 1/2 lbs, if that helps) Thanks!

rrosen
04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
The BB run smaller IMO. If I recall (it has been a long time since my DD wore them) the thighs ran small on the BB.

emelsea
04-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I have a couple of M BB's that I would be willing to lend you to try. Just this morning I decided that they are too small on DS. One has a crossover tab, the other does not. You can email me at emelsea at yahoo dot com if you want to try them.

caleymama
04-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Thank you both for your feedback.

Michelle, I actually went ahead and ordered some this morning before I saw your post. Thank you SO much for the offer, though!! I have my fingers crossed that they'll be okay. DD seems to be right between S and M on some of the stuff we've tried so if these run a little small they may be perfect (hopefully...).

american_mama
04-07-2005, 12:35 AM
I tried my first medium Baby Blanket yesterday and my daughter is the same age as your son, but smaller. (She's average length but very skinny, only 11 pounds. I cringe to type it.) The medium Baby Blanket is a little bigger than a SMALL Happy Heiney. My BB does not have cross over tabs and I didn't think I needed them, but there was some gapping around the waist. I know the BB wicked slightly at the waist.

Although I have not seen a medium HH yet, I suspect that the design is such that they are always a little narrower than a BB in the crotch. The BB also has a longer rise, so it was just a little big on my DD right now, but not too big to use.

I think you could do without the crossover tabs since your son is a little bigger than DD.