PDA

View Full Version : how old is your babe and what size clothes does he/she wear?

lizajane
04-05-2005, 09:24 AM
wondering about how your kids fit into the "right" size and how much CDs play into it, etc.

schuyler is 24 months and he wears a 3T shirt because of his height (4T from target! there stuff is SO small!) and he can fit into 12 mo shorts without a CD!!! 18 mo or 2T pants if he is in a CD or if he is wearing long pants (shorts don't need to be long enough for his height, i mean.)

dylan is 10 weeks and wears a 3-6 mo with or without a CD. (still in onsies and stretchy pants, so it doesn't matter.)

Uxor
04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
my 5 month old wears 6-9 month clothes, but he is soongoing to have to move into 12month. he's too big for his ow good. hehe

tarahsolazy
04-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Forrest is 13 mo old, and wears usually 12-18 mo clothes, 18 mo in bottoms, because of the CDs. He's short has a booty even without his CD! The 12-18mo tees and rompers from Gymbo and LE are fitting well, and he can wear 70 or 80 in Hanna, although 70 pants tend to be tighter over his bum. He cannot wear ANY jeans, khakis, or those type of pants. I had to make his cords for the winter, and some seersucker pants for spring family stuff, because its just impossible otherwise. I'm sure that's the CDs.

kensjen
04-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Jonah is 20 months, and has been wearing 18-24 month clothing now for almost a year. He was a big baby, but has slowed down on his growth big time. He has short little legs, so he could wear the 12-18 month pants if it weren't for the CD. So we just roll up all his pants twice. :)

We've really gotten our money's worth out of this size clothing, but I'm ready to get him some new clothes. I feel bad buying anything, because he doesn't need it...so I am ready for him to get into size 2T.

I just spend the money on dipes now, LOL!

houseof3boys
04-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Ryan is 22 months old and is in an 18-24 month size but it's still too big for him since he is so skinny! With a sposie on, he is still wearing a 12-18 month in Gap pants.

Riley is 7.5 weeks and can fit into some brands 3-6 month sizing since she is in a CD.

I have had to educate DH on what pants are too big for him if he is in a FB versus a fitted/cover dipe!

bcky2
04-05-2005, 10:47 AM
tyler is 11 months old and wears a 12 month if i want it to fit real good but most of his clothes are 18 months now because i want it to fit all summer. some of his 12 month clothes wont fit real well over his cd now.

max is three and wears sposies (i hope that only for another month or so) and he wears anywhere from a 4t(very few of these) to a boys size small or a 6. it all depends on the cut. he is a big boy :)

nitaghei
04-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Neel is 27 months old (today!). He's squarely in 2T in Gymbo, for both shirts and pants; 3T in Lands End, ditto; 90 in Hanna, ditto. The LLBean shirts run small, and he's in 4Ts for those. He's comfortably in 18-24 month shirts in Naartjie, though he can also wear the 2Ts there. No pants from Naartjie. :(

CDs don't make any difference, since he's so skinny. I'm having a hard time finding pants with legs long enough that will stay up even with CDs. Unfortunately, this is true for shorts as well, since he has looooong legs, and I don't care for the short-shorts look. Love the Gap adjustable waist pants - I still have to cinch them to the tightest slot in 2T for him. Don't even want to think what a nightmare it would to look for pants for Neel if we weren't CD'g.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

new_mommy25
04-05-2005, 12:28 PM
DS is almost 19 months. He can still fit into his Gymbo 12-18m but I have been buying 18-24m, 24m, and some 2T clothes. He fits nicely into 2T tshirts. He's been solidly in the 50% since birth and has always followed size guidelines almost exactly. I don't size up for cloth but I do use trim diapers.

Just a question though I was going to actually post this in Reality Layette until I saw this post. I don't understand what the difference between 24m and 2T is. It seems like 24m clothing is actually cut wider than 2T and DS quite often fits into the 2T better. Has anyone else noticed this. I bought DS a pair of 24m shorts recently and they are so huge in the waist not even a CD can keep them up. Of course all brands run differently, but that is just the general trend I have noticed. 24m tees also seem to be wider than 2T tees.

nitaghei
04-05-2005, 01:26 PM
> I don't understand
>what the difference between 24m and 2T is. It seems like 24m
>clothing is actually cut wider than 2T and DS quite often fits
>into the 2T better. Has anyone else noticed this.

My experience is pretty much limited to Gymbo and Baby Gap with these sizes - but they do seem to be 2 different sizes, as far as I can tell. FWIW. The 2T are generally bigger (definitely longer and often wider, and a higher rise) than than the 18-24 months. Right now, DS fits into the waist for 18-24 months pants, but the legs are too short; the 2T length is right, but the waist is too big for Gymbo. It's better with Baby Gap, because the pants have an adjustable waist. I heard that the more recent Gymbo pants in 2T have this too, but I haven't checked it out as yet. This might be another case where it varies by brand.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

squimp
04-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Sophia is 18 months, and I'm guessing about 27lbs and 35". She has been riding above the 97% in height and the 80-90% range in weight. Big healthy girl :). Finding woven pants that are not too tight has always been a challenge, and seems to be worse now that we're in the 2Ts.

A repeated phrase I hear from her as she's getting dressed these days is "too tight"! Recently, she had a major growth spurt, growing an entire shoe size in two months, and suddenly bursting out of Hanna 80s and her 18-24 month pants. She seems to have suddenly gone from comfortably wearing Gap and ON 12-18 mo tops, to outgrowing the 18-24.

I have been stocking up on Naartjie 2T - yay Naartjie, not sure what she'd be wearing this spring without 'em! Even their poplin pants fit her CD bottom. She also wears dresses and knit pants, with some woven boys pants from Tarjay thrown in here and there to get pants that fit!

And Angie - there was at least one recent post about 24M vs 2T vs 2 on the reality layette, but I still haven't figured it out - it seems to depend a lot on the brand. For example, LE 2T has been reliably smaller than their 24M!

pittsburghgirl
04-05-2005, 01:42 PM
James is almost 15 months, can still wear a lot of his 12-18 but also has some 18-24. Shirts I am buying 12-18. Pants I am mostly going into 18-24 although those have to be rolled up. He is pretty skinny, so a trim dipe will fit under his trim 12-18 pants but if he's in something a little bulky we have to go for sweatpant type pants or the size up.

He was always way ahead of his size as an infant. He wore 0-3 months for a couple of weeks only. I think he was in 6-9 by three months.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

KrisM
04-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Andrew is 11 months, about 24 lbs and 31 inches. He has been in 12-18 month clothes for mabye 2 months. The pants are way too long, but 9-12 are too short (why?). In a sposie or a trim FB, he still needs the length in the pants, but they fall off his waist/butt. Literally.

Saartje
04-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Isaac is 10.5 months. As of his 9-month appt he was 31" tall and weighed 22 lbs; unofficial at around 10 months we measured him at 31.5" and 22.5 or 23 lbs. His sizing... I'm working on it. He's got one pair of overalls in 12-18 months that fits, but he's outgrown/outgrowing all other stuff in that size (either 18 month or 70 in HA). Unfortunately, now that spring seems to have arrived and I'm dressing him in his warm-weather clothes, I've put him in an 18-24 month Zutano romper and an 80 HA romper, both bought on swap, and they both barely fit. :(

What do you all think? Am I going to have to go up another size, at least in rompers, or is this a coincidence of the particular outfits or brands?

I'm not sure how CDs affect the fit of his clothes, since it's been 8-9 months since we used a sposie.

brigmaman
04-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Ok, continuing with our across the miles connections...Brig LOVES the song in your siggy. He asks constantly if I can sing it with ___- he puts a name/object in the blank. But...Schuyler is 37 inches, right...I think your siggie says he's 27-
And on with my answer-
Brig is approx. 38 inches and 37+ lbs. He wears a pretty consistent 3T, though he's always been a bit bigger in pants. 4T length kills us, but he needs the waist. He is thinning out, though.
Cadie is 26 inches and approx. 17 lbs. She's sort of in between 3-6 and 6-12 months clothing. It depends on who makes it. We pretty much do all elastic waist for her Buddha belly.

mudder17
04-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Heh, heh, Kaya is 19 pounds 10 ounces and 30" tall, but most of her length is in her torso. She has chunky thighs but skinny waist.

She is wearing mostly 12-18 right now, although a lot of things are too long in the legs and often the arms, not roomy enough in the butt (because of CD's) and too short in the crotch (for onesies) because of her long torso. With sleeveless or short sleeved dresses, she can actually wear up to 24 months, because her long torso makes up for it being a little long and the wider fit allows it to go over her big diaper butt. :) The only pants that easily fit over her right now are gymbos or hannas (80), but most of them tend to be too long--we just roll up the legs.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

cvharris
04-05-2005, 07:34 PM
DS is almost 22 months, and we are in similar sizes - 90 for Hannas (80 pants are too short), 2T tops in LE but 3T for everything else. DS is somewhere between 35-36" tall and 28-29 lbs.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

kijip
04-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Toby wears some 2Ts, a lot of 3Ts and a lot of used (and thus presumably shrunk) 4Ts. Without cloth he would be all 2T and 3T. He is 21 months old and is 32 pounds (pushing 33) and is 36 inches tall. He has some seriously chunky thighs so it is mostly 3T pants. But 2T overalls with roomy seats work. 2T and 3T tops are fine.