PDA

View Full Version : How do you price dipes for sale?

kozachka
04-07-2005, 12:14 AM
I am getting ready to list dipes that did not work for DS and was wondering how to price them, particularly the ones I got new. We've only used them for about 1.5 months, one dipe in particular was washed maybe 4 times since it was small for DS.

The one dipe that was bough used from Swap I plan to list at the same price ppd that I purchased since we did not use it at all.

On a related note, do you recommend listing ppd or price per dipe plus actual shipment cost.

searchdog
04-07-2005, 07:23 AM
I can't really tell you how to price diapers, but can say that when I buy off of swap I prefer the prices to be ppd so that I know exactly what I am spending.

When I do sell occasional things I list each thing as a price ppd and if one person buys several diapers I usually discount the shipping to actual shipping since I am not trying to make money on shipping. Does that make sense?

holliam
04-07-2005, 08:48 AM
I am never able to sell even completely brand new, never washed or used things at the same cost I paid unless it's a hyena item. I've tried various methods. I finally realized that if I lowered the prices a little and then charged actual shipping, I was having better luck re-selling that listing prices PPD. In the end, the cost was the same so I think it was just psychological!

Try looking at the TP on MDC or on eBay to see what similar items are selling for and then try to gauge whether your item is in better/worse condition than like items.

Holli