PDA

View Full Version : uggggggggggh. i have had it! i am THIS CLOSE...

lizajane
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
today i put a sugarpeas size 2 hemp fleece fitted on schuyler and then a litewrap cover. with ONE PEE he went straight through the dipe, straight through the cover and straight through his sweatpants!!!!!!!!! are you KIDDING ME??? i know this was not my most reliable cover- it tends to wick because it has a fabric outer. but STRAIGHT THROUGH? with ONE pee???

i pretty much just change his pants every single time i change his diapers these days. and i am talking about putting him in a nighttime diaper during the day for as little as 45 minutes. we rode to the mall yesterday and by the time we got there, he was SOAKED. he had on a snap ez with my night insert plus a microfiber towel. SOAKED SOAKED SOAKED. good thing i packed shorts for when it warmed up.

the cruisers are calling me. ick.

i MUST POTTY TRAIN THIS CHILD.

pittsburghgirl
04-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Wowza! What is that boy drinking?

Now, my SP's aren't my most absorbant fitteds, but all the way through everything? I think I might go for the Cruisers. (hiding behind a chair now) I admit to using them when I know I'm not going to be able to change in time to avoid a flood/wet spots on James's pants.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

mudder17
04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Woweee! That is pretty powerful pee! Sounds like you need some night time diapers, geez!

Sending you lots and lots of potty training vibes!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

SeekerMage
04-12-2005, 11:08 PM
How much is he drinking? Is there any way you can cut back on the sippies? Limiting the drinks to meals and snacks and if he asks for a drink? I dont know if you let him carry one around but it might help. It will also help with potty training, with that much pee hanging around its harder for them to control it. The floods will attack! I also havent found my Snap-ez to be the most reliable, we have wicking with ours and I have the lightest soaker in the world. Maybe add an extra cover? Sheesh....hope for dryer days coming your way!

brigmaman
04-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Liza, we're starting to have a similar problem with Brig. Because he's been constipated we try to always make sure he's got some liquid cup (juice/water or just water) going. But now he needs to be changed every hour or so. He told me the other day he thinks he's going to go down the drain in the toilet, so I don't think potty training is going to happen very soon.
So far the only thing that has worked for a longer period of time is a FB stuffed with a large JB wrapped in a micro towel w/a cotton babies insert. And it's bulky as ever...

psophia17
04-13-2005, 01:29 AM
I have never potty-trained anything before, but I've been collecting info on the subject for DS, who loves sitting on the potty, and who loves nothing more than saying "bye-bye" to his poo poos when they get flushed.

But my Mom said that my brother did not potty-train until he was in regular underwear. If he was in diapers (he was in both cloth and disposables in 1981), he would pee in them, and if he was in the thicker training pants he would pee in them. If, however, he was in big boy underwear, he would not pee in them. Also, once he was wet, he would strip down and run around nekkid - but maybe that was just him ;)

Anyhow, maybe upgrading to underwear for a day or two would help with the potty-training situation...

lizajane
04-13-2005, 12:48 PM
that's the scary part! he hardly had anything to drink! he gets a drink with breakfast, lunch and dinner and one after his nap. if he asks for it another time, he can have some. but he has cut WAY back on fluids lately. so he had maybe 1/2 a cup of milk before the flood! and it was a little while after his nap, so he hadn't been drinking anything for a long time! and his dipe was wet after his nap, so he didn't "save up." (sometimes his diaper is dry after a nap.)

sigh....

nathansmom
04-13-2005, 03:22 PM
No suggestions since I'm battling the same thing here. Only its with disposables that don't freaking fit my child. Good luck with the potty training.