PDA

View Full Version : confused about CD lingo

knaidel
04-12-2005, 07:13 PM
I've been reading some of the recent threads about wool covers and there is one word that keeps coming up: stalking.
I know what "to stalk" means, but what does it mean in the world of CDing?

mudder17
04-12-2005, 07:47 PM
It means pretty much the same thing. There are some diapers and covers that are heavily in demand and the demand is much higher than the supply. WAHMs who make these diapers/covers will stock them at various times, sometimes announced, sometimes unannounced, sometimes announced in only some places (like MDC). If they are announced, people will "stalk" the site by sitting at the page and refreshing over and over until the items are posted as being in stock. At that point, they start buying like crazy. Often, these items will disappear within minutes if not in seconds because someone bought it immediately.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040222/0/0/1/-5/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif , 13 months & counting
Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

pritchettzoo
04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Some WAHM diapers are "hyena" diapers, meaning they are very hard to get. When a store is about to stock the much-wanted diapers, the hyenas (diaper-wanting women or men or whomever they've roped into helping!) "stalk" the store trying to snag something. Fluffymail.com is one of the worst/best right now. Someone even created the Hyena Cart (www.hyenacart.com) to keep all the hyenas from crashing poor little WAHM stores.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

knaidel
04-12-2005, 09:12 PM
amazing. this is really cult-ish! (I mean that only in the bestest of ways!)
To think, up until I found BBB, I had only heard of Fuzzi Bunz, CPFs, Kissaluvs, and Proraps.
What's an example of a hyena diaper?

tarahsolazy
04-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Hyena Cart was created by Karen of Kool Sheep Soakers, one of the great hyena WHAMs herself. (and an engineer!)

Hyena items:

Fluffymail dipes and covers: www.fluffymail.com
elbee diapers (not stocked, you just have to wait for eons) www.elbeebaby.com
Fussybutt dipes and covers: www.fussybutt.com
Kool Sheep Soakers: www.middayfaire.com

There are others, I just can't think of them now.