PDA

View Full Version : First time mom, first time with diaper rash!

knaidel
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
So when I was changing DS about 2 hours ago, I noticed some bumps and general redness on his rear end- I guess its a diaper rash?
This is what I did:
applied Balmex to the affected area
put on an eez-gear dipe
no cover
pjs

An hour later, I changed him. He is currently in a hemp fitted dipe with a wool cover. Is there anything else to do before I put him down for the night? Other than change him again? I guess going coverless would help, but i'm not sure how that would work overnight?

SeekerMage
04-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Nothing else to do really. It sounds like you have it all covered. One thing that I found helps is letting Lil'bit soak in the tub for a while, sometimes adding baking soda (it helps with their skin). Having a cover over night should be fine, the wool is breathable so you shouldnt have a problem. It if it still red in the morning, give him a good long soak in the tub, then maybe a little naked time. Put some cream on him and then maybe go coverless for the day. It should clear up in no time. For really stubborn rashes try switching creams. I found switching from desitin to a&d to butt paste etc sometimes helps for thos stubborn ones. I think it has something to do with their skin getting used to the cream and it not being as effective or something. Who knows. Good luck! I hate it when Lil'bit has a sore bum....hope it heals soon!