PDA

View Full Version : Trim and Absorbant Fitteds.

papal
04-13-2005, 07:52 AM
So, I have decided against Cotton pockets for this summer.. i am not loving the rectangular-butt look so much anymore and with the changing season, I am tired of pockets pockets pockets. lol.
So, now that we have established that trim wool covers exist, I just need to get some trim fitteds to go under.
In the previous thread, here were some suggestions for trim fitteds (thanks everyone!). If you have tried them, could you tell me which are the most absorbant? And if they are hyena dipes then I don't have the patience..lol.

Firefly's (http://www.fireflydiapers.com/)
Bijoubabygear (http://www.bijoubabygear.com/)
SugarPeas
Eezi-gear side snap: (http://www.eezigear.com/index_files/Instock.htm)
Bottombumpers side snap: (http://www.bottombumpers.com/)
Doodlebottoms (www.doodlebottoms.com/store/)

Any other suggestions? I don't want to break the bank with something too expensive!

Thanks everyone!

rrosen
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Our trimmest dipes are firefly's. IMO they are pretty close to sposies. And while they are not my most absorbant dipes, I find they do the job well. They also dry super fast which I love.

papal
04-13-2005, 08:23 AM
I love the fireflys.. especially the spring colours.. at $25 a piece, i am hesitant.. but i know i will love them.
Becs, did you get Larges or Mediums?

nitaghei
04-13-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm sort of reluctant to recommend this - because it seems what works for Neel doesn't work for Leela :) and because she's closed right now - but I am really happy with my Doodlebottoms fitteds. I'm used to the trimness of pockets, and I really like these. LMK if you want to check them out.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

bcky2
04-13-2005, 08:42 AM
i have a sp's side snap and it is trim IMO. it is really nice between the legs, not too much bulk. it holds up pretty well for my heavy wetter. as someone here said, it is kind like a cd thong :) if you go to the sp's outlet store you can get one for around 7-8 dollars i think.

BTW, i dont know if they all are but the ones i have are the hemp.

papal
04-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Neel has skinny thighs and Leel has the chunkies. lol.
How absorbant do you think they are Nita, with the doubler?

rrosen
04-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Gabrielle fits into a medium and a large right now. I think a medium would work well for Leela, just check the rise on the site to be sure. The quick dry (natural color) are less expensive. Maybe try one of those first?

nitaghei
04-13-2005, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't use them for night or nap - but I found them adequate for the regular 2 hour day change routine. Neel is probably a moderate wetter right now, FWIW.

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker(at the Rainbow Bridge)

tarahsolazy
04-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Try a Loveybums QD velour or sherpa dipe. I find the sherpa ones to be pretty trim, almost as trim as my lone firefly. The velour ones should be even trimmer. She's stocking this afternoon, and she usually sells out in a hour or two, not a few minutes/seconds, LOL.
Forrest has a 17in waist and monster bum and thighs, and these fit him well. They also have hip-snaps, so no wing droop!
www.loveybums.com

papal
04-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I am stalking her.. hey girlies, if anyone else is up to stalking, please grab a slot for moi!!!

brigmaman
04-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Rashmi, I have a few eezi-gear side snappers and a few more on the way. They are low rise, trim and absorbant- but then Cadie is only 5 months. I think Pam was going to try one- maybe she can add more about the absorbancy. As for materials- the only ones available right this second are hemp. I think I remember you having a hemp bonfire or something earlier this fall? There is a waiting list for OV and OC dipes. I have a few coming in all different material combos if you want to try one. We went w/M/L because Cadie has a long rise.
For some reason I feel the need to try every dipe available...I'll try to think of some more. Do you do front snap and side snap?

the2amigos
04-13-2005, 12:17 PM
I absolutely love my firefly wool cover, how are their dipes? Are they very absorbant? I have a super soaker on my hands here...

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 01:37 PM
WTH? Fireflys are $25. DIdn't they used to be $17 for 5? Grr...I do think they are the trimmest though!! Bijou are pretty darn trim too, not quite as trim as a Firefly but close. I think Becca had a medium for sale. Otherwise I can let you borrow a large. I am up to my ears in diapers (somebody stop me!) and I won't notice if one is gone.

And Rashmi, you hit the nail on the head. As you all know I loathe pockets. I cannot stand the way the rectangular butt looks either. Heck, if I'm paying all this money for cloth I want DS looking as snazzy as possible.

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Hmm..I had the oppsite experience. I sold my loveybum because I thought the sherpa was super bulky in comparison to my hemp fitteds.

new_mommy25
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
SP side snaps are kind of trim but I think that BijouBabygear is trimmer between the crotch. Do you have seconds? I heard the the SP seconds were a lot trimmer in the crotch.

Of course it might be just my DS. I have always prefered front snap because it is better for his body type.

papal
04-13-2005, 02:22 PM
You are right Trish, I did not have a good experience with hemp. Do I dare give it a try again?
I don't mind either front or side snap (prefer side for the smooth front but don't really care).
If you feel you want to get rid of any, let me know. It is very kind of you to offer girlie! Let me check out the measurements of their dipes to see if Leela will fit a medium long.
You need to list your stash so we can see what you have collected in these few short months! :)

ETA: Well, i went ahead and bought the hemp side-snap!! I will let you know how it works out! :)

brigmaman
04-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh, good! I hope you like it!
I'm waiting on a bunch of fitteds right now. I was trying to get to where I only had to do laundry every 3 days, but with 2, it seems to only work out if I do it every other day anyway. ;)

papal
04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Angie,
I just emailed Jaime about which size would be better for leels (m or l).. she is (i hope) making a wool jersey cover for me, so i can add this in too. I am so excited! can't believe i am trying hemp again!
angie, this hemp terry, it is the same thing that you have right?

bcky2
04-13-2005, 03:27 PM
yes it is a seconds so maybe that is why it is so trim between the legs. it must be a body type thing because my ds fits the side snapping diapers better :) where do you get the bijoubabygear from?

jec2
04-13-2005, 04:04 PM
sorry to shout, just wanted you to see it :)

Can you describe rectangle butt to me? I am curious.

tarahsolazy
04-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Finn has a tad of it in the pics you shared yesterday, Juliet! Its when the soaker of the dipe (in Finn's case, a VB AIO) or the pocket stuffer is very sharply rectangular, and you can see it through the babe's clothes. Finn was just wearing the dipe, so it doesn't really count, LOL. Fitteds seem to offer the least risk of this dread disease, as long as they don't have huge trifold soakers, or something.

jec2
04-13-2005, 04:38 PM
hahaha! Ok, now I get it! Poor Finn. He had rectangle butt and I had no idea :( heeheheeehehee

papal
04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Wait, did i miss Finn's pic??!! Off to search.. Tarah answered the question correctly.. the entire butt is not a rectangle.. just a rectangle shows through.

papal
04-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Wait, did i miss Finn's pic??!! Off to search.. Tarah answered the question correctly.. the entire butt is not a rectangle.. just a rectangle shows through.

kozachka
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
>because she's closed right now - but I am really happy with my
>Doodlebottoms fitteds. I'm used to the trimness of pockets,
>and I really like these.
>Nita

I just checked http://www.doodlebottoms.com/store/ and there are a bunch of fitteds available :). Hemp terry goes for $12 (2 available) and organic cotton fleece ones are $14-$16 (4 in natural, 1 periwinkle and 1 raspberry) plus shipping. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, just above the sold-out Sushi dipe.

Never tried one-size dipes so that's the only thing keeping me from hitting the buy button.

kozachka
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
>because she's closed right now - but I am really happy with my
>Doodlebottoms fitteds. I'm used to the trimness of pockets,
>and I really like these.
>Nita

I just checked http://www.doodlebottoms.com/store/ and there are a bunch of fitteds available :). Hemp terry goes for $12 (2 available) and organic cotton fleece ones are $14-$16 (4 in natural, 1 periwinkle and 1 raspberry) plus shipping. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, just above the sold-out Sushi dipe.

Never tried one-size dipes so that's the only thing keeping me from hitting the buy button.

kozachka
04-13-2005, 06:56 PM
If you don't want to pay $25/dipe and don't mind second quality, there are a few Firefly QD diapers listed on the clearance page, both in natural($16) and colours ($20):

http://www.fireflydiapers.com/organicclothdiapers_seconds.htm#clearance

Has anybody tried those? Are they worth buying? I mean you can get first quality dipes for this price from other WAHMs.

kozachka
04-13-2005, 06:56 PM
If you don't want to pay $25/dipe and don't mind second quality, there are a few Firefly QD diapers listed on the clearance page, both in natural($16) and colours ($20):

http://www.fireflydiapers.com/organicclothdiapers_seconds.htm#clearance

Has anybody tried those? Are they worth buying? I mean you can get first quality dipes for this price from other WAHMs.

papal
04-13-2005, 06:59 PM
I saw those but I figure, if I am going to get a FF, I want first quality for the price i am paying.. lol. Plus, first quality will surely resell better?

papal
04-13-2005, 06:59 PM
I saw those but I figure, if I am going to get a FF, I want first quality for the price i am paying.. lol. Plus, first quality will surely resell better?

kozachka
04-14-2005, 12:11 AM
>I saw those but I figure, if I am going to get a FF, I want
>first quality for the price i am paying.. lol. Plus, first
>quality will surely resell better?

Great points. They are not worth it. That's what I was talking about when I said that you can buy first quality dipes from other WAHMs for the same money.

papal
04-15-2005, 08:19 PM
>>Fitteds seem to offer the least risk of this dread disease
Dreaded Disease!! haha Tarah! You are too funny! :)

calebsmama03
04-16-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure what size Leela is right now but I'm going to be selling my Med OC FF's soon, if you want borrow one to try out and see if you like them I'm happy to send it on. They are getting a tad short on C so we don't use them much now. It will take me a while to get my act together to list them since I have a bunch of stuff I plan to list together and I need to sun some stains, etc. first :) but it's definitely in "borrowable" condition.

I also have a muttaquin one size, which some say are trim (the fit is weird on C), if you'd like to borrow it as well. PM me if you're interested.

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple due 5/21/05

papal
04-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I just saw your post! Are you still thinking of selling your FFs? I would want to buy one! Thanks for your offer. I am not a good borrower, I end up not returning because I love things too much. So better to just buy! :)

calebsmama03
04-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Yes, I am selling them - at least one of them, for now. PM me if you're still interested. Both are OC, size M. One is regular, and the other is a "special edition" hand dyed orange w/black serging and snaps. I doubt miss p will be in med's by Oct so I can part with either :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple due 5/21/05 - Stay in there till 5/1!!!!!